Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My 1st Yuengling

Options
cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Plans to meet with an old friend of 25 years to give her some Canadian gifts. She also had some belated bday gifts. Asks if I want a beer, always. ;) She pulled out, a Yuengling. (picture says it happend)

001-24.jpg

We were talking about my new won egg...just so this is OT
Glad I've had a chance to try this!
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    one of our fav and we can not get it here in Maine :(
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    I've never tried it....hung up right now on Blue Moon.
  • cookn biker
    Options
    I knew that. :) She tells me if Rich walks in you took it. I said oh hell NO then he walked in.
    Here is Julie...hahaha..so friggin funny!!

003-23.jpg
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Thank God for Google Molly.. :laugh:
  • cookn biker
    Options
    hahaha
    Thought it was some highend thang. Just as cheap and tasty as I drink that everone makes fun of...hahaha
    I know where his 8 cases is.... :laugh: B)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    That is great stuff!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • WWSis
    WWSis Posts: 1,448
    Options
    Julie, I think I've seen it here - maybe I can bring you some... ;)
  • WWSis
    Options
    Julie, I think I've seen it here - maybe I can bring you some... ;)
  • Boatman
    Boatman Posts: 854
    Options
  • WWSis
    Options
    Have fun Molly! You are seriously milkin' this birthday!!! :silly: :laugh:
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    the quintessential porter better than samual smiths taddy porter imho [ :laugh: ]

freds013.jpg
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Molly

You didn't trade Canadian beer for that did'ya. :angry:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cookn biker
    Options
    Not really....they were out of town and life happens....but the brew was a nice super prize!! :whistle:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Nice!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • ResQue
    ResQue Posts: 1,045
    Options
    I am heading up to Manchester, N.H. in a just under two weeks. I can bring some up to you if you want to meet up.
  • cookn biker
    Options
    :laugh: :whistle:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Heck NO!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Options
    I was a seminar in Houston this year and had my first Yuengling...pretty good. Conrats on your first. ;)
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Dave,
    I knew you'd understand!! ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • fire egger
    fire egger Posts: 1,124
    Options
    Good deal Molly, I had a few last time I was in Maryland, pretty good, not availble here.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    How did you miss them in OKC?
    We woke up with them stacked in front of our hotel room door...
    OKC is still the best party Eggfest so far.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Wowowo... that SO was not me in OKC.....dream on.....
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    funny ...haha... :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    We can't find it in the Houston area.
    Now thanks to Bill I have to look for the Porter as well...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Mikee
    Mikee Posts: 892
    Options
    Yuengling has been around for awhile. In fact it's the oldest brewing company in the US. Yuengling Lager is a good beer and very affordable in PA and surrounding states, about $18 a case. No other beer, or very few, in thate price range will compete with it. You have to jump up to the $28/case beer.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    I found them in Columb.....sumthin, Georgia when I went to pick up the Baby Boy from the "Summer Of Hell" at Ft Benning.Got busy and he wanted to get outta there as fast as possible so I forgot to pick up a case to sample! :(
  • Hillbilly-Hightech
    Options
    OMG OMG OMG - Yuengling is my FAVORITE beer (lager)!!! When I lived in State College, PA - you could just say "gimme a Lager" & they knew exactly what you wanted!

As someone said earlier, it is the oldest continuous brewery in the US. It's HQ is in Pottsville, PA (middle of nowhere).

Some of the "big boy" breweries have tried time after time to buy them out (so they can then lay claim to the oldest beer in America) - but luckily the Yuengling family has refused to sell out to the "man."

I took a tour of the brewery, and luckily for me, **** Yuengling (grandson, or great-grandson, perhaps, of the original founder) was there. I bought a book on the history of the brewery/beer/Yuengling family, and he autographed it for me!!

They have a bar/tasting room called the Rathskeller...

Unfortunately, I cannot get it out here on the "left" coast - the closest thing I've come to as far another beer I drink out here is Fat Tire.

Man... I'd give almost anything for an ice-cold Yuengling!!!! :woohoo:
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    One of my fav brands I buy up north is Goose Island.
    Can't find it in Texas.
    At least we have a good quality local beer, "Lone Star" :P
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    The Lone Star was a joke but they do have a loyal fan base.
    I like this one. I have not sampled them all.
    GooseIsland.jpg
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas