Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Help St!ke, advice needed!!

Rusty RoosterRusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
edited 5:31PM in EggHead Forum
I had my egg stable @ 350-400 for approx. 90 minutes to cook supper, boneless pork chops, corn on the cobb & veggies in the grill wok. Just as I took it all off & shut down to come in the skies opened & it is pouring. Do I need to remove the ceramic lid & let some of the rain also go inside to keep the thermal shock from shattering the outside?
·

Comments

• BBQMavenBBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    :laugh: :woohoo: :laugh:
    Kent Madison MS
    ·
  • Tom,

Of course you do. I wouldn't expect such a simple question from you. :laugh:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • :lol:
    ·
  • goof....

:laugh:
    ·
  • CecilCecil Posts: 771
    Wish someone had some working knowledge of heat, heat transfer etc...

Walt
    ·
  • You need to filter it through a pink cooler first.
    ·
  • "Do I need to remove the ceramic lid & let some of the rain also go inside to keep the thermal shock from shattering the outside?"

You may want to remove the smart-a$$ hat by removing your head from your arse. :P
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
    ·