Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Breast

Options
Ga egger
Ga egger Posts: 15
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am going to cook chicken breast for the first time on the egg. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Any way you like. I marinate them in Italian Salad dressing for 30 minutes or so, sprinkle my favorite rub of the moment and cook direct 350-375F pull when 160-165F.

Also like to pound them out and make a stuffing of different cheeses and sliced meats, capicola, presutti, ham, pine nuts, whatever is around and reasonably priced.

Lay out on plastic wrap, sprinkle with panko or bread crumbs, lay the breast out flat and then add the goodies.

Roll up and stick with a few skewers to hold together, roll up like a sushi roll and chill in freezer 1/2 hour to hold together or just freeze for the next time.

I usually make a dozen or so. Some call it Chicken Cordon Bleu! I cook them frozen 375 indirect about 45 minutes 'til 160-170F internal,with some HDAF underneath to keep the melting cheese from dripping onto the flame.

Hope this helps!
  • bcrawfo2
    Options
    As mentioned...marinate in italian dressing.

I recently found (on this forum) my new favorite addition to grilled chicken. I suggest you try it.
    Google "Big Bob Gibson's White Sauce".

Enjoy
  • Ga egger
    Options
    Thanks for the great ideas!!!