Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lake Conroe Egger's Brisket - The Movie

Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've been thinking all day about that brisket Lake Conroe Egger did. And since I took some video I figured I'd just make a movie of it and share it with you guys.

Pay close attention to the slicing part...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4LnNXzuSAg

Spring "Cecil B. Coop DeVille" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Cecil B. Coop DeVille scores another hit film.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Leroy, alias, Spring "Cecil B. Coop DeVille" thanks for the video. Lake Conroe Egger's brisket looks sweet! :)
  • Thanks. Maybe I'll be nominated for the Golden Glob award.

Spring "Still One Of The Little People" Chicken
  • Thanks. Yes, I think there was some "sweet" in it, not to mention "fantastic" or did I already say that?

Spring "Sweet And Good Too" Chicken
  • Thank you. It's all fun, even making the movie of the event.

Spring "The Fun Doesn't Stop When Dinner Is Done" Chicken
  • That brisket looks so tender!!
  • It was very tender, and moist. Just enough fat to give it flavor.

Spring "Fat Is A Good Thing" Chicken
  • I read the book. The book is always mo betta than the movie because of your imagination.

For instance, I had S.C. and Lake Conroe Egger looking like this in the book.

newman.jpg

Actually, I did see the movie. Awesome looking house, fantastic looking food, beautiful women, and 3 guys. :laugh:

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Hey... you found my lost photo. That's me on the left (the other left) with the mustache. Here's another one of me in the waters off South North America.

CaptnLeroyAttheWheel.jpg

Spring "The Adventures Never Cease" Chicken
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Leroy glad to see one of your videos again.....a professional no doubt.
  • Hey, that IS you !!! I can tell by the top of your head.

Actually, we need another forum poll.

Who did Spring Chicken look like in his former life.

A. Robert Redford
    B. Tom Selleck
    C. Dr. Phil McGraw
    D. Alfred E. Neumann
    E. Leroy McMillin

Edit: We've already received two write-in votes for Lady GaGa.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Thanks Beli. But you can see from the 'across the lake' images that my camera does not have the capability of seeing what is going on in the houses over there. Maybe someone else was Egg'n in their back yard.

A "professional" would have better equipment than the $79 Woot.com special that I have LOL.

On the other hand, someone on the other side of the lake may have a rifle with a scope... Maybe I'd better stop 'zooming.'

Spring "Smile, You're On Woot Camera" Chicken
  • Leroy:

That was an AWESOME video! You have so many amazing talents.

I've never made a brisket but from what I read on the forum, the thin and small flat is quite different from the large and juicier point. How did he make them come out the same...put the flat on later than the point?

What brought it home to me was that I have the same set of dishes. So I had no problem pretending it was made and served up by me! All that was missing was the eatin'.

Judy in San Diego
    Judy in San Diego
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    That brisket looks amazing. Great job on the video, looks like a fun day!
  • Thanks. You have good deductive reasoning skills, not to mention good taste in dishes.

Yes, he likes to put the point on a few hours earlier so both will come out cooked at the same time. The point can stay longer if the flat isn't quite ready.

I wish I had taken a shot of it cooking but you can figure that out. He was using an Adjustible Rig and a BBQ Guru.

Our Kroger still has the whole briskets on sale for $1.29 per pound. I'm thinking of getting one later today.

Spring "Brisket Duplicator Trainee" Chicken
  • Thanks. Yes it was a fun day. Colleen and Frank are great hosts and cooks. They are just comfortable people to be around.

Spring "A Little Taste Of Heaven To Go With The Brisket" Chicken
  • Judy, I started separating the point from the flat about a year ago. I was watching some bar-b-q shows on tv and saw that they were cooking whole packers then cutting off the point, re-seasoning it and putting it on for a few more hours to produce "burnt ends". Got to thinking, why not separate them at the start and trim that big glob of "in between" fat away, season both parts then give the point a few hours head start. Works really well and as a bonus the flat cooks more evenly and is fully seasoned all over and a complete smoke ring all around both the point and flat.