Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another bread thread to be read

Options
cookingdude555
cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So Thursday night after one of my classes, I decided that I wanted to bake some bread. It was 9pm, but I didnt care. I have never made bread before, so I didnt know how long it took. After following lesson two on the fresh loaf website (lesson one is for rookies, ok, that is me):

http://www.thefreshloaf.com/lessons/addingmore

I realized into the rise that I was going to be up for a while. I fired up the medium around 11pm, and let it run for an hour. I used the platesetter legs down, green feet, and two medium pizza stones on top of that. I baked it only about 30 minutes, peeping down the vent to check for doneness. I learned a few things in my first try. First, my medium therm is off by about 60 degrees. When I thought I was baking at 350, I was actually above 400, making my bread cook faster. Second, I need to check my bread for doneness by temp as it was a tad moist. It was really good, but I think it could have been better if left to bake longer. It tasted really good, and I am going to do this more. I will start earlier so I am not up at 1 am.

horrible iphone pic of finished loaf:
first_bread.jpg

Comments