Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st egg

Nightegg
Nightegg Posts: 45
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My 1st egg is coming tomorrow - planning on doing a variation of spatchcocked chicken. Marinate chicken in olive oil, garlic, rosemary, chilies, lemon, s&p Then cook slow. I will post the results!

Comments

• Cobra
    Cobra Posts: 110
    Congratulations! Let us know how the first cook turns out.
  • How did you make your decision to purchase the egg?

I was introduced to the Egg by my younger brother Jack in 2006 no looking back before that... nothing compares ;)
  • Congrat's you will love it. Welcome these folks are wonderful full of great advice

Happy Eggin
    Margie
  • chocdoc
    chocdoc Posts: 461
    Interesting that you choose to call it your 'first egg' rather than just your egg! Is that telling do you suppose?
  • thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Congratulation and welcome to the group. :)
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • Did a bunch of research online - it came down to Primo and BGE. Initially I was drawn to the Primo XL because of the shape(I think I was looking at it more familiar) but changed direction to the large BGE after talking to a local dealer that sells both. I also spent quite a bit of time visiting/lurking on this site and was convinced. I do alot of Mediterranian style cooking and am really looking forward to being able to have the real wood flavour in my meat dishes - very traditonal.
  • Most likely! I bought a demo from the dealer and it came with the nest - I love the pictures I saw in the Tables forum of a large and small built in together :P
  • Nightegg,

Looking forward to it, post pictures, we love pictures! Welcome to egging and the forum!

Cheers,

Smokin'Stogies

Smokin'Stogies in Exton, Pa with my wife and our four dogs; Sully and Boo the Newfoundlands, Murphy the Irish Setter and Alli the Beagle/Lab mix. 

Eggers Prayer-

Our egg, which art in sizes, hallowed be thy smoke, thy will be grilled, at home as it is at eggfest. Give us this clay our daily brisket and forgive us our rubs, as we forgive those who gas grill against us, and lead us not to flashback but deliver us from overnighters. For thine is the grill, the smoke, the egg. Let's eat!

• Thank you for sharing a very interesting formula. Hope you have lots of formulas