Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How do you cut/unroll pork loin 4 stuffing?

Options
sirlancealot
sirlancealot Posts: 506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I did do a search for the answer but did not find my answer. I want to see exactly how to cut pork loin so i can stuff it. thankyou my fello eggers...

Comments

• Little Chef
    Options
    sirlancelot: Think of a cinnamon bun, then cut accordingly. The thinner the better...then take a meat mallet and pound the meat to make it more even. We used to have a slide show, but apparently Bubba Tim has deleted it. Seriously, peel the loin targeting for half an inch thick. Pound it to even it out, then stuff, re-roll, and tie as tightly as possible especially on the ends. Seriously, think cinnamon bun!! The pound out is the secret. I will keep looking for pics, but have not been successful as yet. :blink:
  • WWSis
    WWSis Posts: 1,448
    Options
    I cut mine almost in half, stuff, then put in v-rack stuffing side up so everything stays together.
    30145adc.jpg
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    Do you mean a true loin or tinder loin? On a tinder loin I cut it down the middle leaving just enough meat so that it forms a "hing". Then on both halfs I start right beside the "hing" and cut side ways each half making another "hing" on both halfs so what I end up with is 4 slices all held togeather. Easer said than done as it is so tinder it tryes to tear and if it does at the "hing" the stuffing will leak. A supper sharp knife like that will shave is a REAL help and take your time! A loin could be done the same I suppose or its big enough it could be cut just like was suggested earlyer like a cinnimon roll.
  • mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Of course if you just want to stuff it like with fruit and such as in Mr Toad's Pork Loin, just take a looong knife and cut a big 'X' in the center all the way through. The X will allow it to expand enough to hold all kinds of goodies in the middle without being able to leak out the sides and such. Yum.

mShark
  • MCR
    MCR Posts: 270
    Options
    Thanks for the link!
    Marc
  • MCR
    Options
    Thanks LC. Even @ 1/2"... could be fun the first time.
    Marc
  • MCR
    Options
    I will have to try and experiment with this one. Thanks for the info.
    Marc
  • I could only think of drawing a pic or taking photos. The cinnamon bun reference ISA good one.

Only thing I would add is to keep the knife flat and horizontal above th cutting board a half inch like LC recommends. Draw the knife along the bottom right side of the loin and let it slice maybe an inch or little less into the meat

move the meat to the right a bit, roll the meat to the left, reposition the knife, and make the same cut

if you keep doing this, holding the knife the same way each time, you'll eventually unroll that cinnamon bun
  • Little Chef
    Options
    sirlancelot: Still couldn't find pics of cutting the loin, but it is as St!ke explains. Slice lenghwise, unroll, slice, unroll, etc... Here are a few pics stuffing and tying...Hope it helps a bit.

PC022930-1.jpg

PC022932-2.jpg

PC022933-2.jpg

PC022937-2.jpg

PC022938-2.jpg

PC022945-2.jpg
  • MCR
    Options
    I know waht I'm cooking tomorrow!
    Marc
  • sirlancealot
    Options
    Thx for everybody"s input, that helps alot.