Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anniversary Dinner

EGGRPh
EGGRPh Posts: 180
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I would like to make a nice dinner for my wife to celebrate 13 years of marriage. Any suggestions? She does like thick cut pork chops stuffed with an apple stuffing. Just thought I would ask.

Comments

• i would suggest thick cut pork chops stuffed with apple ;)

mini wellingtons are always a good default dinner for a special occasion

or a small rib roast
  • EGGRPh
    Really! Really! Same thing I was thinking. :laugh:
  • Happy anniversary! Have a great day! ;) Everything is great on the egg. Don't forget the sides like a nice baked potato. Yum yum :P Tim
  • EGGRPh

Congratulations on your anniversary. My wife and I celebrated 16 years earlier this month :). For our anniversary dinner, I did a Beef Stew attributed to Provence in France from a French cookbook we have and served it with mashed potatoes and braised carrots. Keeping with the french theme, I made a tarte au chocolat for dessert. Only the stew and the mashed potatoes were egged.

Tom

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• EGGRPh
    Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. The chocolate tarte sounds interesting. Is there a recipe for it anywhere?

Stef in Brunswick, Oh
  • It is a very easy recipe that takes no time to prepare. I could post it for you tonight when I get home.

Tom

Tom

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    My wife doesn't much care what we have for anniversary, as long as there is some champagne with it. :laugh:
  • EGGRPh
    That would be fantastic thanks alot!
  • Depends, do you want to see 14 years? If it were me I sure as hell wouldn't fix thick cut pork chops with apple stuffing. I would fix what I wanted and not worry one bit about her and her selfish needs......
    I fix my wife dinner at least 4 times per week knowing that she will love what ever I prepare, 35 years teaches you those things.
    How have you made it 13 years? And yes I too would be cooking chops if it were me.
    Have fun together.
    Dmo
  • EGGRPh

Here is the recipe as promised:

9 oz dark chocolate
    8 oz (1 cup) unsalted butter cut into pieces
    5 eggs
    ½ cup of sugar + 1 tbsp sugar
    1 tbsp cocoa powder
    2 tsp vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 325. Lightly butter springform tin and line the base with parchment paper. Butter the paper and sprinkle with a little sugar (not in ingredient list).
    2. The cake is baked in a water bath so carefully wrap base and sides of tin with tinfoil.
    3. Melt the chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat until smooth, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Beat the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer for 1 minute.
    4. Mix together the cocoa and the remaining sugar and beat into egg mixture until well blended. Beat in the vanilla extract and add melted chocolate until well blended. Pour mixture into baking tin and tap gently to remove any air bubbles.
    5. Place cake tin in a cookie sheet and pour in ¾ inch of water. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes until the edge of the cake is set and the centre is still soft. Lift the tin out of the water and remove the foil. Place cake on wire rack, remove sides of the tin and leave cake to cool completely.
    6. Invert the cake on to the wire rack. Remove the base of the tin and the paper. You can dust the cake with icing sugar, chocolate shavings and cocoa powder if you like. I served it with whipped cream.

Source: Clements and Wolf-Cohen, The Best Ever French Cooking Course

Tom

Tom