Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hotel for Eggtoberfest

Options
CarolinaEGGcooker
CarolinaEGGcooker Posts: 12
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just wondering what hotel would be good to stay at for the Eggtoberfest this year. We (my wife and 13 year-old daughter) will be coming down on Friday evening and are looking into a nearby hotel. Any ideas?? Thanks! Rich

Comments

• ddmax
    ddmax Posts: 45
    Options
    Check out this website:

http://www.atlantamotorspeedwayhotels.com/

You're not going to find any 5 star accomodations near the track, but there are some good hotels. I've stayed at the Ramada in Locust Grove before and it was fine.

ddmax
    Atlanta
  • chrisnjenn
    Options
    We are staying at the Renaissance Concourse Hotel (4 star) at the airport which is only 22 miles away from the Atlanta Motor Speedway. We have stayed there numerous times and it is a really nice hotel. Much better than anything near the speedway plus 22 miles is a very short drive. They run specials on the weekend.
  • GirlyEgg
    Options
    Note that the area between the two can be a little sketchy (I work at Southern REgional Hospital - off of Tara Blvd 19/41). The traffic South from the airport on Friday at rush hour is crazy jammed... those 22 miles can take up to an hour -