Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Pizza Oven

Options
Dnorman
Dnorman Posts: 117
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have heard rumors that Big Green Egg is coming out with a Pizza oven.I am intreaged (I am sure I spelt that wrong) Has any of you heard this? I love cooking pizza on my egg and know how great they are, but figure if they develope something specificaly for pizza it has got to make it easier or better.

Comments

• Mudflap
    Options
    seriously, don't tease me.
  • Smokin' Stogies
    Options
    Let us hope it is more than just a rumor! But with anything, I will believe it when I see it in a catalog or at my local BGE dealer.

Smokin'Stogies in Exton, Pa with my wife and our four dogs; Sully and Boo the Newfoundlands, Murphy the Irish Setter and Alli the Beagle/Lab mix. 

Eggers Prayer-

Our egg, which art in sizes, hallowed be thy smoke, thy will be grilled, at home as it is at eggfest. Give us this clay our daily brisket and forgive us our rubs, as we forgive those who gas grill against us, and lead us not to flashback but deliver us from overnighters. For thine is the grill, the smoke, the egg. Let's eat!

• Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    I can't imagine how I would have a better pizza oven than my Lge! :P
  • KB
    KB Posts: 144
    Options
    For me, the BGE already is a pizza oven. I looked at a pizza oven at a local kitchen store; it was only about $5000. The BGE and it were demo'd at the same time. I bought the Egg. B)

http://www.kalamazoogourmet.com/pizza_oven.php
  • Hungry Celeste
    Options
    It's hard to top Forno Bravo's Primavera oven for a wood-fired pizza oven, and there are now a few distributors in the eastern US so shipping isn't quite so high. The 28" oven runs around $2700, delivered to your doorstep.

Anyway, my point was that BGE would have to create a pretty damn perfect product to surpass the Primavera.
  • Petunia
    Petunia Posts: 110
    Options
    Weber has come out with an accessory that turns its cookers into pizza ovens. Maybe that is where the confusion is coming from. After all the BGE is already a pizza oven and I don't see how much simpler it could be. 'Pie on; pie off.' :laugh:
  • Dnorman
    Dnorman Posts: 117
    Options
    There is no confusing a BGE with Weber. I use my Large Egg for pizza once a week. Its fantastic, I talked to the person who told me about it and it is something in the works, hopefully by spring of next year.