Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Meat loaf

Options
Neil Gunn
Neil Gunn Posts: 93
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
looking for a previously posted meatloaf recipe using panko bread crumbs, mexican oregano, and a special ketchup.
I had the recipe bookmarked, but when I go to it, I get a message that the account has been suspended. Need help. if anyone can repost this recipe, I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    DSC07306a.jpg

I posted these recently.... Is this the one? The ketchup above is what I like on mine.

Cowboy Meatloaf

Meatloaf is like sausage in my book. Remove, add or change the amounts of anything you feel like.

1 1/2 lbs ground beef, bison or venison
    1/2 lb ground pork butt
    1/3 cup finely chopped sweet onion
    2 green onions with tops, finely chopped
    2 tablespoons chopped garlic. Make it 3 if you like garlic.
    3 tablespoons Wooster
    2 tablespoons Mexican oregano
    2 tablespoons thyme, dried
    2 tablespoons parsley, dried
    1 egg
    1/2 to 3/4 cup of panko (Japanese bread crumbs) (( An alternate to panko is using crushed croutons, they really deliver flavor))
    Sea salt and black pepper to taste
    Bacon strips (optional on beef, use with bison and venison)

Combine 1/2 cup of the panko with the other ingredients and begin to mix. Only add more panko if the mixture looks too loose. Form into one large loaf or two 1lb loafs or logs. Add bacon to the top. Cook indirect at 325° - 350° until the internal reaches 155°, let rest and the temp will rise to 160° or so. You can cook these in a loaf pan, plain or perforated or on a disposable seafood or vegetable screen.

I break the USDA rules with respect to doneness, pulling mine at 150°.

Cornbread and Jalapeno Meatloaf
    Source: Unknown (but I would sure like the author to step up and claim ownership)

Meatloaf that has cornbread crumbs, corn, Jalapenos, pepperjack cheese, onion, garlic, and more.And you can easily kick it up a notch my adding some Bayou Pecker Power hot sauce.

1 1/2 lbs ground beef
    1/2 lb ground pork
    3/4 cup canned whole kernel corn
    1/2 cup crumbled cornbread
    1/2 cup sour cream
    1/2 cup sheredded pepperjack cheese
    1/2 cup finely chopped onion
    1/4 cup milk
    1 egg, lightly beaten
    3 or 4 jalapeno peppers, chopped
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 teaspoon Seasalt (or kosher)
    1 teaspoon pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan.

Mix the ground beef and ground pork in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the corn, cornbread, sourcream, pepperjack cheese, onion, milk, egg, jalapenos, garlic, salt and pepper. Then mix the meat and corn mixture together. Form into a loaf and place in pan.

Bake for 1 hour. If the loaf is too brown you can cover with foil for the last 15 minutes.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Neil Gunn
    Options
    Thank you so much Thirdeye. That is exactly the one I was looking for. I'll try it in the next couple of days.
    Thanks again