Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggfest in Minnesota

Options
KB
KB Posts: 144
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I had fun attending yesterday’s Eggfest in Minnesota. There were around 20 eggs serving food to the attendees. I attended to get some ideas, and the visit was successful.

My top foods:

1. a snack akin to a jalapeno popper. Had some creme cheese bacon (not sure what esle).

2. A fig wrapped in prosciutto.

3. The tenderest pork loin I ever tasted. The cook injected it with butter and a commercial rub. I don’t know if it is a fair comparison, but the pulled pork I tried at other tables was drier than that pork loin, and the pulled pork wasn’t injected. I plan to buy an injector.

4. Fellow egger, EggspertMN, cooked up two wonderful and colorful paella dishes in his paella pan. One was a chicken dish and the other seafood. I plan to buy a paella pan.

5. a beer brat. The brats were cooked on the grill with indirect heat. For the second phase, they were cooked in a watertight container with onions and a generous amount Newcastle beer.

I didn’t wait for the turkey to be served. It looked tasty but I was the one that was stuffed.

AA%20chicken%20paella.jpg

AA%20Paella%20on%20egg.jpg

AA%20Turkey%20on%20egg.jpg

Comments