Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

cracked ribs... no spares

Humphrey Chimpden Earwicker
edited November -1 in Off Topic
my son and i were playin toss with a football out on the perimeter of the highschool field, when he kicked a decent punt. i "knew" where the fence was, i thought, and took and extra step, reaching up over my head to make a stellar catch when WHAM. stopped cold.

four foot high galvanized corner fence post, no cap, just raw pipe.

i stood and walked away with clenched teeth, exhaling slowly and trying to control my breathing, staggering a bit, frankly.

wife, thoracic surgery veteran of cracked or broken (cut, more correctly) ribs along the anterior axillary line, set me up on the couch watching tv; football thru AMC's madmen. treatment? alternating cold compress, heating pad, and lagavulin every 20 minutes.

felt worse the next day, about the same today. a wave of panic comes over me when i have to sneeze, and every now and then i turn the wrong way and get a reminder.

she wanted me to get an xray, but they can't do anything anyway, and i have a deadline.

anyone else ever have cracked (or maybe just badly bruised) ribs? i have a bruise about 7 inches away from where it actually hurts. strangest thing.

Comments