Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I cooked some'en:Shrimps stuffed bonless thighs

JLOCKHART29
JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After eating "road food" all week end I decided to Egg some'en different tonight for a change. Lets start with the raws shall we?:
9-19-2010001.jpg

I started out with some fresh green beans and bacon. We all know bacon makes everything better right?!! ;) Since we do not want the beans to burn I set up the cook with the La Cruset like the pic using the infamus smoke rocks on the Small.
9-19-2010002.jpg

Saltaed the bacon 1st then added beans and white wine with a little DP's Tusunimia Spin. Covered at 375 pit for about an hour till tinder.
9-19-2010009.jpg

While that was going I deboned 4 thighs then parcooked bacon slices and split shrimps on foil.
9-19-2010006.jpg

Took the bacon and shrimps along with white American cheese and wrapped the thigh around it all then pinned with tooth picks.
9-19-2010007.jpg

Into the cast iron with a little EVOO at about 275 direct till almost done.
9-19-2010011.jpg

Removed the thighs and poured off the grease then added some white wine along with chopped green onions and fresh chopped garlic to skillet and scrapped the cheese/dripping off. Reduced to a rue.
9-19-2010012.jpg

Someone wants another bone from the "bonless" chicken thighs! :laugh:
9-19-2010005.jpg

Added a can of Fire roasted chopped tomatoes to the rue then the thighs on top. Cooked at 275 direct for 15 min. with presimmon.
9-19-2010013.jpg

Serve over pasta with green onion chive garnish.
9-19-2010016.jpg

9-19-2010017.jpg

Been a busy but fun week end for us. Took a nice ride out of town Fri. for the 1st time since we got Auron. Almost like parents getting away for a "date" cept didn't worry about child will fair calling for putting the "kid" in a crate!! :laugh: Sat. we took Auron to Little Rock to the Shutzhund club to train. Was really proud of my boy. They asked to see him for the 1st time. Did work that some of the dogs a year old were not doing yet in bite work. Not to my credit but genetics. His Dad just came in second, missing 1st by one point out of 300, this weekend in the German SV Nationals!! :woohoo:

Comments