Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggfest flashback II

Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
group.jpg
<p />Here is a great shot of a nice mix of eggers. I need some help with names please. Left to right:
1) Gretl's Husband...dang, Jim?
2) Mary
3) Help? I talked to this gentleman for a while, but his name has eludes me.
4) Gretl
5) Dang. Again, I talked to him for quite a while, but need help on the name. Tip of my tongue.
6) Earl
7) Teslamania catches the end of the roll.[p]Who can help me with names on 3 and 5??? Did I remember Gretl's husband's name correctly? I am not Mr. Name.

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    Nature Boy,[p]I think it's Mark Stevens & his friend (whose name I don't recall...you did give me one of those beers!) but I can't remember which is which.[p]I'm a LOT of help...[p]Cathy

• Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    [p]It's coming back to me now...Mark is # 5. He's the guy who did those awesome portobello mushrooms.[p]
  • Cat,
    Ah yes. Thanks.
    Here is a link to that awesome Chiptole Brandy Protabello recipe. He posted it on the forum right after the fest, but it is not in the recipe section. [p]I was lucky enough to get a taste of those guys at the fest![p]Check the post/recipe/picture out!!!
    Thanks Mark.

[ul][li]Mark's Chiptole Brandy Ports[/ul]
  • Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Nature Boy,
    Hey, I can help!! Myster Chef number 3 is Rich Stevens, and #5 is his brother, =Mark Stevens. Always uses the = and I don't have the vaguest notion why. My name's spelled funny so I assume everyone else's should be, too. They came on my suggestion. Rich and =Mark contribute to the FoodWine discussion list, and also participate in HotLuck and FoodStock gatherings whenever they can. Rich is from the DC area, and =Mark is from New Jersey (exit 109). His contribution was the marvellous marinated mushrooms. They were portobellos, by the way; I was having too much fun with the alliteration. He posted the recipe a day or so after the event.
    Neat picture. And yes, Dang Jim is indeed my husband.

• Mark
    Mark Posts: 295
    1216.jpg
    <p />That be me! And I've got a new & improved from scratch recipe for those that want to go all out:[p]Grilled Chipotle Brandy Marinated Portobellas[p]20 Portabella Mushroom Caps
    1 cup olive oil
    1/2 cup wine vinegar
    2 oz cotija cheese, grated (substitute Romano)
    1 clove fresh garlic
    1 tsp ground black pepper
    1 tsp ground oregano
    1/2 tsp ground cumin
    1/2 tsp ground coriander
    1 14 oz can of chipotles in adobo sauce*
    1/3 cup brandy
    salt to taste [p]Remove stems from portabellas [p]Mix remaining ingredients and blend in a food processor till smooth. [p]Brush marinade on mushrooms about 10 minutes before grilling [p]Grill on medium heat, flipping occasionally and basting with marinade. [p]Portabellas are done when they start bubbling while the gill sides are up. [p]Slice into quarters and serve with toothpicks. Great picnic side dish. [p]* These measurments are for the Chileheads out there. You might want to add the chipotles in smaller increments to achieve your desired level of heat. [p]Chipotles in Adobo Sauce[p]Recipe By: Mark Miller-THE GREAT CHILE BOOK
    Serving Size: 47
    Preparation Time: 0:00
    Categories: Sauces Al's Favorites[p]Amount Measure Ingredient Preparation Method
    10 whole Chiles Dried Chipotle Chile
    1/3 cup Onion sliced 1/2" thick
    5 tablespoons cider vinegar
    2 cloves garlic sliced
    4 tablespoons ketchup
    3 cups water
    1/4 teaspoon salt[p]Combine all ingredients in a pan, cover, and cook over very low heat for 1 to 2 hours, until the chiles are very soft and the liquid has reduced down to about 1 cup. This recipe will keep for several weeks in the refrigerator in an airtight container. For chipotle puree, place cooked
    chipotles and sauce in a blender and puree.

Notes: Chipotles are smoked jalapeno peppers.
  • Nature Boy,[p]Thanks for putting up the picture! I'm on the FoodWine list with Gretl and it was great to "see" her. The guy with the handlebar mustache is Rich Stevens and he is =Mark's brother.[p]Cat in Chicago