Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Small BGE users ?

rzrrobrzrrob Posts: 162
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
With a small filled with lump how long will it hold at 450 - 500

Thanks
·

Comments

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,737
    Do my steaks at 550-600 and a best guess is at least 45-60 minutes. Nest time I do a high heat burnoff will time it. Just guessing!
    ·
  • Atleast a few hours. What are you cooking? At that temp you shouldn't need much time. I do whole chickens in mine all of the time. They usually take an hour at 400ish, and I still have plenty of fuel left over.

John - SLC, UT

Webers, Eggs, Bubba Keg, Smokin-It #3

·
  • FiretruckFiretruck Posts: 2,676
    Kinda hard to say. Depends on how the lump stacks up in the egg. What are you planning to cook?
    ·
  • rzrrobrzrrob Posts: 162
    Mutipal pizzas over 5 hours I wanted to see if I would have to reload the lump
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,665
    Rob, I've held 600 for a couple hours doing a clean burn and still had lump left. You gonna crank out some of those great pizzas on the small?
    ·
  • FiretruckFiretruck Posts: 2,676
    You probably won't make 5 hours but it's worth the effort. The biggest problem I see is opening it a lot may cause you to spike the temp and have to try to get it back down. Good luck ;) Let us know
    ·
  • rzrrob wrote:
    Mutipal pizzas over 5 hours I wanted to see if I would have to reload the lump

You will need to reload for sure.

John - SLC, UT

Webers, Eggs, Bubba Keg, Smokin-It #3

·
    Yes looking to do a few partys and may want a small for easy moves buy don't want to have to reload more then once
    ·
  • I do all my burn tests in a small Egg at 400 degrees. The various brands have lasted between 4 and 9 hours.
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
    What brand lasted the longest
    ·
  • I have had mine go 4-5 hours at 450.
    ·