Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Help me get my Mojo on...

BigGreenDonBigGreenDon Posts: 165
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Never tried it before, but got a bottle of the Goya Mojo Criollo and have a whole chick cut in half marinating in it now.

Usually, I'm a "apply rub and let the chicken sit a while until the fire is ready" kind of guy, but in this case I'm wondering if putting rub on this chicken would be a wise move. The tastes of the rub and marinade might be at odds with one another.

I'm looking for advice from others who have used this or similar marinades. Should I just take the chicken our of the zip lock and throw it on the grill? Should I pat it dry? Apply rub? If I don't pat dry, will the acidity of the marinade help or hurt me from getting crispy skin?

Whaddayathink? I've got almost 4 hours to figure out what to do.

Thanks,
Don

Comments