Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Help me get my Mojo on...

BigGreenDonBigGreenDon Posts: 165
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Never tried it before, but got a bottle of the Goya Mojo Criollo and have a whole chick cut in half marinating in it now.

Usually, I'm a "apply rub and let the chicken sit a while until the fire is ready" kind of guy, but in this case I'm wondering if putting rub on this chicken would be a wise move. The tastes of the rub and marinade might be at odds with one another.

I'm looking for advice from others who have used this or similar marinades. Should I just take the chicken our of the zip lock and throw it on the grill? Should I pat it dry? Apply rub? If I don't pat dry, will the acidity of the marinade help or hurt me from getting crispy skin?

Whaddayathink? I've got almost 4 hours to figure out what to do.

Thanks,
Don

Comments