Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sweet Potato Chips?

Options
Rascal
Rascal Posts: 3,923
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I saw a recipe on FNC this morning and wondered if anyone has tried this with DP Pineapple Head... Could be a winner?

Comments

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Rascal,

We did those at the Denver fest last year and everyone loved them. 3/8-1/2 inch thick, then a spritz of butter and then the PH. Watch the bottoms as they can burn. It doesn't really matter if it it's direct or indirect, I'm usually just squeezing them in around whatever else is cooking.
  • Rascal
    Options
    Thank you! This morning she was thin slicing on a mandoline, frying briefly in 350F oil and dusting with the spice mix afterwards as the chip drained on towels. I like the idea of thicker chips!~~
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    We have them all the time, slice like home fries (a bit thicker than chips), coat lightly with olive oil (I put them in a freezer bag, pour in some olive olive and work them all around until coated), then place baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with Pineapple Head and ready for oven - or egg. 400 degrees and turn as necessary - don't want to burn them (though we do like them on the well done side) Love em! :P
  • Rascal
    Options
    Thank you! As usual, grate ideas here!!~~
  • Smut-butt
    Options
    My sweet taters are almost ready to harvest. I didn't plant too many; my first attempt. I will make some chips; some sweet potato pie and some sweet potato pone. Sweet potatos are good for you.
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    Some say they are the "perfect" food....I know that I like them! Sweet potato casserole, sweet potato bicuits, and sweet potato pie. ;)