Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

110 pounds of boston butt

Options
Rolling Egg
Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm currently in the middle of my largest butt cook right now, for a wedding reception today at 2PM. I went to Sams and picked up two cases of Smithfield butts. One weighing in at 57.4 pounds, and the other 54.5 pounds. Somehow I managed to get them all in my refrigerator for the two day wait. I got all of them out yesterday evening around four and with the help of triehle, I managed to get them all rubbed and injected. Earlier in the day I had already cleaned out the eggs (2 large and one medium) and loaded all three with Wicked Good. Im using an adjustable rig in both larges and a platesetter in the medium. Wound up getting 6 on one large, 7 on the other large, and three on the medium for a total of 16 butts. I'm using a BBQ Guru on one of the larges and a Stoker on the other. The medium is flying in manual. They are doing pretty good right now, but I can tell I'm going to have a few that needs the foil treatment. I got about 5 hours of sleep last night, getting up every two hours to check things out. I usualy don't get up when I'm only cooking a couple, but 16 butts and a wedding of 250 people has me a little on edge :ermm: Over all Im happy with the way the night went, but I'm sure I wouldn't want to cook this big all the time like some on here do. Thanks a bunch triehle! I would be way behind if you hadn't made it. Also a big Thank You to Crimsongator for hooking me up with a 2" fire ring and some tips. Hope everyone has a good day! Here's the proof!
IMG_7514.jpg
IMG_7511.jpg
one large with 6
IMG_7521.jpg
one large with 7
IMG_7522.jpg
medium with three
IMG_7523.jpg
Group shot
IMG_7520.jpg
Oh and by the way! The wife was in charge of the cupcakes too! She cooked 320 cupcakes with home made iceing :blink: My kitchen was a mess!! :unsure: :unsure:
IMG_7516.jpg

Comments