Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question about serving pork tenderloin the day after

TRex
TRex Posts: 2,714
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My office if having a potluck lunch tomorrow and I was thinking of cooking pork tenderloins tonight to bring for the lunch. My question is, should I just slice & refrigerate them tonight after cooking, and then serve sliced cold? Or, should I foil them and reheat, and, if I do that, do I need to bring the internal temp up to the safe zone again?[p]The only time I've ever reheated pork was pulled pork and I put that in ziplock bags and put the ziplock bags in boiling water (Grillmeister gave me that idea). I wonder if that would work. Or, is it okay just to serve the tenderloins sliced cold?[p]Thanks![p]TRex

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    TRex,
    I would wrap them in foil and warm in the oven on 250° for 30 minutes,then slice and serve.Here is a sauce my family really likes with tenderloin.We missed you and your dad in Atlanta this year.
    Larry

[ul][li]Larry's Yummy Sauce[/ul]
  • katman
    katman Posts: 331
    TRex,
    I've done both. When you reheat them they can get a bit tough and overdone. A good comopromise is a heated sauce, mabe with a little oriental flair to it.

• Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    TRex,
    Don't slice first. Wrap the whole roasted tenderloins in foil, refrigerate, and slice when you're ready to serve. You can slice it thinly and evenly this way with no trouble.[p]If you need to warm it at all, perhaps try a boil-in bag along with the juice that will have accumulated in the foil wrap. You don't want to dry it out or overcook. I serve cold sliced pork tenderloin either with pickled red onions (Ken Stone's recipe) and/or cranberry chipotle sauce on the side.[p]Ccranberry chipotle recipe...one small can of jellied cranberry sauce, warmed until melted in a small saucepan with some cider...spiced if you have it. Add however much canned chipotle pepper, chopped fine, as you wish for heat and stir until smooth, adding liquid as necessary. Some fresh orange zest is good; a little rum or Grand Marnier don't hurt none either)[p]This is also good as a finishing glaze for pork or poultry. [p]Just a suggestion.
    Cheers,
    G.

• Gretl,[p]You are dead-on....the cranberry chutney is an amazing addition to the pork. Although, I use whole berries or in a pinch start with the Ocean Spray Cran-relish for chicken dressed up with the additionas you've listed...

• TRex,
    I just finished eating cold sliced pork tenderloin leftovers for lunch - YUM! I think it's up to you if you want to reheat - but once it's cooked to a safe temp I don't think you need to reheat to that temp again. If I'm wrong, someone correct me (and then call for help cuz I just ate mine straight from the frig).

• Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    Eggsellent,[p]Damn you, woman. I am sitting here waiting for two girls that typically wander for an hour or two outside the office before coming back to bring me my fast food cruddy lunch. [p]I hope you let lauren have at least some of the pork...
  • Mark Backer,
    Well, I didn't steal the last bite out of her mouth like someone else I know!!!

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Pork2.jpg
    <p />TRex,
    I love them cold! I'm thinking of doing an entire Large Egg full of variously seasoned tenderloins instead of turkey this Thanksgiving. Mama gave the go ahead as we are not having the usual quantity of the Mongul Hordes (her family) on Thanksgiving day this year.[p]This one is Raspberry Chipotle wrapped in bacon.[p]mike

• Eggsellent,
    ahh, another episode in the daily soap opera, "as the todd and molly egg turns". .. .following you daily lives almost makes me not miss the stumpbaby any more (if you guys circus folk with eleven toes and facial moles, i wouldn't miss him at all!) . . .[p]
    LOL[p]max

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Thank you all for your great advice. I think I'll probably just serve them cold with some warmed raspberry chipotle sauce, as that will be the easiest way to go.[p]TRex