Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT -- Vacuum Marinaters

Baby j
Baby j Posts: 148
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone use either the Jaccard or the VacuVin Vacuum Marinaters? And if so, is one better than another?

Baby j
Jason Hillenbrand

Comments

• I have tried them all and ended up with this:

2007_0311FOOD0001.jpg

I don't think any of them work all that well - seem to get more flavor from the good-old overnight soak.

But, that is just my opinion.
  • Cagey
    Cagey Posts: 86
    Can you not do the same thing with a simple vacuum bag sealer machine? Put the food, plus marinade, vacuum the item, and throw it in the refrigerator. I have done it, and did not really see any difference verses just throwing it in a zip lock and then putting it in the refrigerator. I think the marinade is supposed to go deeper into the item, when the vacuum is released, or that is what I have read. Plus, you can use the vacuum sealer for storing left overs from the grill.

Cagey
  • Baby j
    Baby j Posts: 148
    I don't have a vacuum sealer, yet. Thought this would be good for classes where I'm looking for a quick way to marinate.

baby j
    Jason Hillenbrand.
  •  
    I also have the Reveo. If one goes to a good deli store many use heavier duty vacuum marinate tumbling systems.

There was a very long thread about this a year or two ago. As I recall the Mothership had a more heavier duty system they were offering. More expensive.

This works fine for me. I have never done a side by side reveo and overnight in the fridge test. I don't use mine very often but I do like it.

GG