Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

test pic

edited 11:59AM in EggHead Forum
t_=16553504
<p />my daughter prior to her collecting a huge bag of candy. Hopefully we see her
·

Comments

• 3423982723232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2339%3D876%3D827%3DXROQDF%3E232368%3B7335%3C3ot1lsi
    <p />howard,[p]2nd attempt

·
  • 3423982723232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2339%3D876%3D827%3DXROQDF%3E232368%3B7338%3C3ot1lsi
    <p />Howard,[p]After 16 hours these 2 butts finally hit 195 degrees. I know in competition that the burnt look isn't in but I think the dark bark has, by far, the best taste of the pork butt or ribs. [p]Just a question for all of you. I noticed the 3 times I have cooked butts there is a section before the bone at the bottom that is a little tougher, not as fatty or tender as the rest of the meat. Do y'all get that too or is something wrong. I was thinking that maybe the butt should be rotated 1/2 way through as that area is always at the bottom, closest to the fire.[p]Also, how do you get mutiple pics on a post? Do you put the pictures together in Paint or Illustrator first or can you sonmehow separate the addresses below? I tried with a simple comma but didn't work[p]Howard
    ·
  • Howard,[p]I wrap in tin foil the last couple hours and find the same tenderness throughout....And I do rotate a couple of times...Just my .02.[p]SL

·
  • Steve-BSteve-B Posts: 339
    howard,[p]How do you change subject line in a thread? i.e. test pic--->Butteautiful
    ·
  • BoccieBoccie Posts: 186
    Steve-B,[p]When you reply choose Preview Message, then edit the subject line and then Post Message.
    ·
  • jake42jake42 Posts: 931
    Howard,
    Looking good. That charred bark is a thing of beauty to me. Without that I think it is just reduced to a regular pork roast. Also I wrap mine in foil after I take it off and get the same consistency throughout the pull.

·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,342
    Howard,
    I think what you are finding with the tenderness could possibly be due to uneven cooking, but I kinda doubt that is your problem. I am thinking most probably it has more to do with the different muscles in the roast. A butt has several different muscles, and they all have a slightly different texture. [p]Just some thoughts. Beers!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • Mark BackerMark Backer Posts: 1,018
    Nature Boy,[p]Plus, when you mash it all together, it's pretty much all the same anyway...[p]War Eagle!!
    ·
  • PakakPakak Posts: 523
    We weren't able to do that until just the last week or so.

·