Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

tacos de machaca (pic heavy)

Options
fire egger
fire egger Posts: 1,124
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had the youngest sons 22nd birthday today, fixins included machaca made from smoked n' pulled chuck roast, egged nachos and cake.

IMG_0644-1.jpgIMG_0664.jpgIMG_0679.jpgIMG_0685.jpgIMG_0696.jpgIMG_0703.jpg

some egged nachos

IMG_0697.jpg
cake!!
IMG_0705.jpg

have a good night y'all

Comments

• Rolling Egg
    Options
    Taco's looking good. You're making me hungry. Happy Birthday to the youngest. My youngest is 2. I'm sure he will turn 22 in a flash.
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    Looks delicious...could you post the recipe for the machaca? I'll bet the cake was yummy!
  • fire egger
    Options
    They are grown before you know it.
  • fire egger
    Options
    absolutely,
    2-3 lb. chuck roast, rubbed with my "house" red chile rub
    2 tblsp pure new mexico chile powder
    2 tsp salt
    1 tsp cumin
    1 tsp corriander
    1/2 tsp black pepper
    1/4 tsp cinnamon

smoke the roast indirect, 250-300 until through the plateau then foil until internal 195-200.
    pull or chop.
    while the DO is heating up, sweat about 1/2 cup chopped red onion, 3-4 cloves garlic.
    add the shredded chuck, along with a couple of roasted, peeled seeded and chopped hatch chiles, or for a spicier dish a couple of the canned chipotle chiles ( seeded)
    if I use green chiles, I add a tablespoon of red chile powder.
    S&P to taste
    Cook 30-40 minutes, long enought to blend the flavors if it starts to dry out while its cooking, add a little stock.
    add a little lime juice when you build your tacos, and enjoy.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Dang nice looking B'Day fest! :cheer:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Prime
    Prime Posts: 52
    Options
    More to add to the ever-growing list of things to cook on the egg. All looks great!
  • Grub Blogger
    Options
    I can't wait to make this. Living here in Dallas south of the Trinity, I think I can make some fast friends with some killer looking taco meat. One question: about how long did those bad boys cook to get up to 200?
  • Braumiester
    Options
    Looks great, my youngest is 36 :ohmy: