Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Had to use the oven

Susan EgglaineSusan Egglaine Posts: 2,434
edited 8:02AM in EggHead Forum
the lid was stuck, never had this happen before I cooked something :blink:

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,517
    Susan where would one find an oven in a house?
    When you find it: how do you put in the lump?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Susan, Sorry about your prob. with the lid. Lettuce know what happened, strange goings on in the Mtns. :). Will see you at O-fest before the leaves change and then you can make some real Smoke on the Mtn. How was the PIE? Smiles your way.
  • The pie was o.k. Going to have to have a egg maintenance weekend ;)
  • I cant wait until I can forget how to use an oven! Until then (still have a month and a half)I'll just sit and gaze at my large in my living room :-(
  • I never heard of it happening after the egg was lit.
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,674
    for safety's sake put a fire extinguisher near the oven. after not using mine for some time i had a flashback from the oven, mouse was hiding dog crunchies on the burner :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: burp that oven door
  • I was using "Betty the baker". I use this egg the least & just for baking or things in a dutch oven. The temp got up to 700 or so but I got it back down between 400-500 before I was ready to put the pizza on. She was sealed tight, glad it was just for me. She opened up this morning no problem but without a gasket. :ohmy:
  • icemncmthicemncmth Posts: 1,157
    Gasket is gone!..
  • bubba timbubba tim Posts: 3,216
    We have one egg without a gasket just for high temp cooks....just in may want to do the same. :woohoo: :woohoo:
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit for BRISKET HELP
  • rzrrobrzrrob Posts: 162
    Happened to me once lol your gasket it cooked have fun with replacing iy do with a high heat one
  • AnnaGAnnaG Posts: 1,104
    I am sorry you had to use that dust catcher in the kitchen. :)

Who needs a gasket anyway? ;)