Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

shrimp etouffee

Options
jemrx
jemrx Posts: 81
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
here is the line up
CIMG2448.jpg
adding the roux to the trinity

CIMG2450-2.jpg
some garlic green onions and thyme

CIMG2453.jpg
in go the shrimp

CIMG2455.jpg
plated up
CIMG2457.jpg
my newest find
CIMG2458.jpg

Comments

• Egghead-Sooner
    Options
    Man that looks really good! I bought a justin smith cookbook so I could give a try at some cajun dishes. I would love to have to crawfish etoufee but obviously shrimp are more accessible than crawfish. What temp do you use to preheat your CI skillet before making roux and mixing trinity?
  • jemrx
    Options
    I had dome temp at 450, ci on plate setter from start up probably no more than 15'. I had to take it off the egg during the cook while the rice cooked. It got so hot it started to reduce too fast. I use to live in nola married a cajun whose mother taught me some dishes to make
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Mightyfine dish

Cajun seal of approval :):)

Untitled800x600.jpg
  • jemrx
    Options
    thanks frank.....I have that same exact window sticker on my kitchen door for 15 yrs or so. It was an honerary offering from my in laws when they were alive making me a yankee coon-ass
  • Wazoo
    Wazoo Posts: 150
    Options
    Looks GREAT! Had me some crawfish etoufee a few weeks ago, but that was from a (pardon) ...package mix... It was good, but nothing beats cooked from scratch. Well done!
  • jemrx
    Options
    hey wazoo.....thanks for the compliment. Had some crawfish monica at the jazz fest this year, great food and music. we will be down again next yr for jazz fest and a wedding at jefferson island can't wait. where are you located?