Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Humpty arrives today.

Fearless Flatlander
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Finnally got the money saved, ordered a large BGE last week. It arrives at work today. Actually paid to have it delivered to my house but the freight companies always have trouble understanding that a 48' tracter trailer won't make it up a 5 mile narrow dirt road in Vermont. Who cares, my egg is here in time for Turkey Day.

Comments

• Fearless Flatlander,
    Welcome to our madness!

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Fearless Flatlander,[p]The Cult of the Big Geen Egg draws another happless soul into its web! Welcome aboard and may all of your cooks be the best ever.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Fearless Flatlander,
    in case you haven't already picked up on it from some of the threads, you won't have to worry about stowing the BGE away for the winter shortly after it arrives.[p]you can use that thing year-round in any weather...[p](b/t/w, useda spend summers in Fair Haven)

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Sundown,
    Someone ask me one time if we were a cult. I looked them straight in the eye and said no, but we don't mind sharing each others koolaid.[p]CWM

• Fearless Flatlander,[p]Congrats and just in time for the weekend and holidays.[p]CWM
  • Car Wash Mike,
    “……,,,, we have it all in perfect priority. It's is "them" who are so pittyfully off base. Those "thems" who have not ventured into our cult. They are prisoners to the complacency of propane, briquetts, and microwaves. Anyone can cook outside in perfect spring or fall weather. But only we can master the elements as we produce works of culinary delight, the likes of which can not be purchased at any retail outlet on this tiny planet. Real masterpieces must be created individually, just as the classic works of art were. We are the ceramic test-pilots. We cook by the seat of our pants without fear. We face fire, smoke, insects, frostbite, loss of facial hair, and permantly scarred knuckels. We don't do it for pay. We do it,,,,, because someone's gotta do it. If for no other reason than to insure the survival of our species. Just take notice,, our species are much healthier looking that those down the street. You know, the skinny ones that love bar-b-que from the market, or smoked meats that come in shrink wrap. Not our offspring! Ours species are spoiled to our knowledge. We are the elite. Surely we cook in the face of death, but look how far it has taken us. And if it were not for us, we, the elite ceramic test-pilot cultists, the earth would be up to its neck in an overflow of domestic chickens, pigs, cows, and fish, not to mention the wild game we convert to masterpieces. We fly without a shute. We soar without a net,,, and we never worry about looking down,, cause, we are nuts! :)……..”

• Fearless Flatlander,
    Your in for some great holidays, welcome to Egg land.[p]Regards,
    Bordello

• Rumrunner,[p]PERFECT. I think that sums it up.[p]CWM