Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

1st Competition this weekend

FatMikeFatMike Posts: 464
edited 5:52PM in EggHead Forum
Did my first competition this weekend at the county fair. It was a bit intimidating seeing all these big bbq rigs, teams of 4 with their matching shirts. Of course the 2 big BBQ restaurants in the county were there too. I only had a large egg, a digiQ, lots of beer and my wife to help drink the beer. We cooked all four categories. Chicken, Ribs, Butt and Brisket. My goal for the weekend was I didn't want to finish last. SO this was shocking...............
Grand Champion
DSCF0049.jpg
Awards and prizes: 1st in chicken, 1st in ribs, 4th in butt, 2nd brisket a $400 dollar check, 2 new tables, a 10x10 EZ-up canopy, 2 zero gravity lounge chairs. Damn I love my egg!
DSCF0051.jpg
·

Comments

• Wow! Those are pretty cool! I hope to cook like that one day B)
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    WOW!!! CONGRATS! B)
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww Mike Felicidades to you mi amigo well deserved!!!!
    ·
  • EGGRPhEGGRPh Posts: 179
    Congrats Mike! That is awesome that you beat all of the big BBQ rigs. A great testimonial to the BGE itself and to your skill. Keep it up!

Stef in Brunswick, Oh.
    ·
  • Outstanding
    ·
  • Congratulations. Now to keep on going!
    ·
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Too cool!!!!! A hearty congratulations.
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,383
    Ha! The matching shirts must've just LOVED you!!! Excellent work - quite impressive!
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

·
  • Congrats.........I hope to try that someday
    ·
  • AWESOME !!!
    ·
  • Congrats. That is awesome.
    ·
  • WOW Mike, that's incredible! That's got to be a great feeling!

Steve
    ·
  • dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Awesome! I bet your hooked now.
    ·
  • Dude, that rocks! Congrats!
    ·
  • You're making this look too easy! Wow, congrats to you and the wife. Always looking for a good competition tip...what type of beer you drinking? LOL

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,400
    That friggin rocks Mike!!!!! Nice job man!!! Woooohoooo!!!! You got paid to do what you love. B) :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    looks like you cleaned up... great job
    context is important :)
    ·
  • GrumpaGrumpa Posts: 861
    WTG Mike and a big congrats! I love it when an underdog rises to the top B)
    ·
  • Wow, that is amazing, Mike. A huge congratulations is in order!

Great job.
    Knoxville, TN
    ·
  • Gollllllly! Shut Up! Man o Man! Great for you! I bet you couldn't walk through any doorways because your head was so big. :woohoo: Congrats to you and your wife and your BGE. B) Tim
    ·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,520
    You were spectacular, and didn't even know it. The big 'Q restaurants prolly are putting your pic on a dart board! :laugh:

Great work. The trophies look grand.
    ·
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Way to go Mike :woohoo: Congrats ;)
    ·
  • looks like there are more competitions in your future! Congratulations!
    ·
  • WOW!!! Congratulations!!!!
    ·
  • ibandaibanda Posts: 453
    Wow Wow Wow!!

Cooking all 4 categories on one Large Egg and winning Grand Prize on your first competition!! Amazing!
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
    ·
  • That is really awesome! You must be very proud... Congratulations!! :woohoo:
    ·
  • BashBash Posts: 1,011
    Congratulations - looks like quite an accomplishment. You did all that on just one large?
    ·
  • Impressive!
    ·
  • congrats :) impressive
    ·
  • rzrrobrzrrob Posts: 162
    Nice job ! Rock on
    ·