Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What's the best dessert you've egged?

PWisePWise Posts: 1,173
edited 9:48AM in EggHead Forum
Need some ideas, what's the best you've done in the BGE?
·

Comments

• RRPRRP Posts: 15,892
    hard to beat the Triple Chocolate & Kahlua cake. May not be overly fancy, but darn delicious!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • apple or peach/blueberry crisp

the choco chip kahlua cake

and of course, spawn's brownies!! (but you can't have the recipe for those)
    ·
  • PWisePWise Posts: 1,173
    Hehehehe I was actually hoping for the recipe! :P

Cheers!
    ·
  • Would that be the imfamous "flying apple crisp"
    ·
  • CecilCecil Posts: 771
    I like the old "boy scout cobbler" - dump a few cans of fruit in a DO and cover with a box of white or yellow cake mix. I think I have put pieces of butter on the cake mix.45 mins to an hour @350ish

Walt
    ·
  • PattyOPattyO Posts: 882
    I did a pineapple upside down cake in an CI skillet using fresh pineapple and my own batter at a fest. It was a hit. I'm going to try apple tart tatin, again in an iron skillet. If either of these sound interesting, I'll post the recipe.
    ·
  • LOL. .. you remembered!!. ..yeah, that one!
    ·
  • Chubby's Chick extremely fudgey brownies. Made it a few times but the best was in a Bakers Edge pan. Recipe is on the Eggs by the Bay website.

Instead of cutting into servings, plated the whole thing, then dusted with confectioners sugar and garnished with strawberries. :)

IMG_1943.jpg

IMG_1950.jpg

IMG_1957.jpg

Of course, if I had Spawn's recipe, it may be a little different. :whistle:
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Alder Planked Strawberry Mozzarella Crostini.
    Pato if you use other breads probably sweeter, the possibilities are endless. Provecho!!

HERE YOU ARE:

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=702201&catid=1
    ·
  • icemncmthicemncmth Posts: 1,157
    Since I don't like sweets this is about as close to sweet as I get.. Sweet sticky Blues Hog

ribs_edited.jpg

:woohoo:
    ·
    Looking great Beli... suppose I could use freshly made Mozzarella?

cheers!
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    That would be even better Pato.....but i honestly feel like the student telling the teacher here.... :laugh:
    ·
  • BigABigA Posts: 1,157
    just going to say the best dessert i have done was an extra set of ribs for after i eat the first rack!!
    ·
  • Hey Max, Could you or Spawn Post the "Brownie Recipe" and document how to cook it on the egg just one time? That way no one else will know. Screaming loney chefs could not get it out of me. :woohoo: Hummmmmmmmmmm?
    ·
  • Giradelli Dark Chocolate Brownies (2 boxes) in a 9 x 15 stoneware pan at 325* dome for 50-55 minutes Platesetter feet up stoneware on grate. They are to die for and we are now getting requests for them when we go to parties. "Bring those egg brownies!" Cornbread muffins are the others.

Smokin'Stogies in Exton, Pa with my wife and our four dogs; Sully and Boo the Newfoundlands, Murphy the Irish Setter and Alli the Beagle/Lab mix. 

Eggers Prayer-

Our egg, which art in sizes, hallowed be thy smoke, thy will be grilled, at home as it is at eggfest. Give us this clay our daily brisket and forgive us our rubs, as we forgive those who gas grill against us, and lead us not to flashback but deliver us from overnighters. For thine is the grill, the smoke, the egg. Let's eat!

·
    Yeah c'mon Max! just this once... :whistle: we promise to do full disclosure as to the origins of the recipe when used...

Cheers!
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    I agree but lately we have been making these with fresh peaches instead....OMG.
    ·
  • Kim, gonna make some tomorrow at Pa Eggfest. We will try some with peaches.
    ·
  • I googled Spawn's brownies - no help :(

Then I Snoped Spawn's brownies - Said it is an Urban Legend :lol:
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,473
    Pato if you got on I-20 and headed East you could be in Plano for the Fest Nov 6th B) Come on over friend, we miss you in Texas.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Bananas Foster is easy, good, simple, and a great show.
    dMo
    ·
  • SqueezeSqueeze Posts: 707
    Mrs. Squeeze's Chocolate Chip Kahlua Cake....Hands down. Then the Mountain Dew Carmel Apple Turnovers....
    ·
  • that's an easy one...rum cake.....yummmm
    ·
  • DSCN1298.jpg

this was the best desert i've ever done. It was a baked apple dessert. It was just one of those desserts where i wasn't expecting a whole lot. It was fantastic. Recipe from SR's HTG. Also i did a DO Peach Cobbler that was about as good, but feeds an army. You can make this for any where 2-6 people rather easily. good luck.
    ·
  • DiDi Posts: 395
    Grilled bananas in peel stuffed with dark chocolate with hazelnuts. Served with Blue Bell vanilla ice cream.

IMGP07921.jpg

IMGP07931.jpg
    ·
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    I would say these Apple-fennel empanadas and baked apples with Black Monoukka as second.
    009-9.jpg
    Great post Pato I love all the ideas!!

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
    ·
  • :cheer: :cheer: Quit beggin Max, He don't know. It's Spawns SECRET thang, & she AIN'T gonna TELL. Right Spawn????? :) :) :) milesofsmiles just stirin up the Eggsters. :laugh: :laugh:
    ·
  • I don't think any one of them knows. I think it takes 6 or 12 people to do the whole cook because everyone has to wear blind folds and ear plugs...and one person only knows parts of the recipe and cook. :ermm: :laugh:
    ·