Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ATL Eggfest

Options
flymed7
flymed7 Posts: 21
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Can anyone recommend some places to stay in, or around the speedway?
Thanks!!

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    The Country Hearth Inn is closest. There is a Hilton & Courtyard Marriott within 5-6 miles...lots of choices in that area..depends on your prefernce and price range.
  • KZGuy
    Options
    There is a Holiday In Express (1315 HWY 20) McDonough, GA right at the I75 exit. The speedway is about 8 miles west on HWY 20. HWY 20 is a four lane divided highway that goes directly to the speedway, in fact there are only three traffic lights and no stop signs to the speedway.
    At the next exit north on I75 there is a Marriott Courtyard and a Fairfield Inn & Suites both on Mill Rd, McDonough,GA easy access to HWY 20.
  • Poppasam
    Options
    The Country Inn is in Hampton and the closet. There are several down 19/41 near Griffin. There is one of of about every kind that you can name in McDonough, plus places to eat, a Sam's, BJ's, WalMart, Target, Publix,and the Big Box Home Improvement stores. You will need to go to Locust Grove or Griffin to find a liquor store as McDonough does not nor does the county have liquor sales. There are several motels in Locust Grove along with a Tanger Outlet for any shoppers that show. There is a main road from Hampton to Locust Grove. I will post this info and more as the dates draw near. We do have an Egg dealer just north of McDonough on Highway 42/23, Southern Patio. If all goes well I plan to have TV at our site so folks can come by and check on ball scores.

Poppasam
    Jus-Fer-Fun Cooking Crew
  • flymed7
    Options
    Thanks!! It will be just myself, and my 11 yo son.