Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First tailgate of the year

Grillin Guy
Grillin Guy Posts: 302
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My son plays for the University of South Alabama. This is USA's second year of football (we were undefeated in our inaugural season). Saturday we beat Pikeville, Kentucky 56 to 0. I served pork tenderloin sliders to about 25 people.

We got there pretty early and got a great tailgate spot right beside the gate we enter.

3d639643.jpg

Here's Angel getting the table ready.

f8ebd0ec.jpg

Smoked sausage to go with our coffee. I like it on white bread with a squeeze of honey.

aa120fbd.jpg

I brought the small with me.

c9f7b4fc.jpg

I did twelve tenderloins.

cd741df5.jpg

Bobby B sent me the recipe for the mustard/horseradish mayo. Goodness it was good.

d0b6d30b.jpg

That's Kevin, number 12. He's their tight end. He played a great game.

53fae0f5.jpg

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    GOTTA LOVE IT!!! B)
  • BBQMaven
    BBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    Terry
    Hard to get any better than that!!!
    Kent Madison MS
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    What a great day and a great cook!
  • KMO_Q
    KMO_Q Posts: 150
    Time with family..cookin on the egg...sharing with friends...excellent! Thanks for sharing...your son has a great name too ;)
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Fun times and good food. It doesn't get any better. I would love to have the recipe for the horseradish mayo. It is posted anywhere on the forum?

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    GoJags! I live in Mobile - very proud of the program that Joey Jones is putting together. Looks like the tailgate party was great fun...
  • Cecil
    Cecil Posts: 771
    Outstanding!

Walt
  • Here you go.

Grilled Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches Recipe

Rate recipe

"I got the recipe for these quick-fixing pork sandwiches from a friend at work years ago. I’m always asked for it when I serve it to someone new." —Geri Bierschbach of Weidman, Michigan

* 6 Servings
    * Prep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 25 min.

Ingredients

* 2 tablespoons canola oil
    * 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
    * 2 tablespoons steak sauce
    * 2 garlic cloves, minced
    * 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
    * 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
    * 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
    * 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)

MUSTARD HORSERADISH SAUCE:
    * 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
    * 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
    * 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
    * 1 teaspoon sugar
    * 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
    * 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
    * 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
    * 6 kaiser rolls, split
    * 6 lettuce leaves

Directions

* In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
    * Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat using a drip pan. Place pork over drip pan and grill pork, covered, over indirect medium-hot heat for 25-40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
    * In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, sugar, ground mustard, Dijon mustard and horseradish. Serve pork on rolls with lettuce and mustard horseradish sauce. Yield: 6 servings.

Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich equals 382 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 528 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 37 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch.

Grilled Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches published in Light & Tasty April/May 2007, p17
  • Elizabeth, drop by our tent near Gate 1 West next time you're at a game and introduce yourself. We'd love to meet you.
  • Great post. How do you transport the small? I want to buy a small.
  • bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Looks like you have that tailgating thing down!
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    KMO_Q wrote:
    Time with family..cookin on the egg...sharing with friends...excellent! Thanks for sharing...your son has a great name too ;)

ditto.... (except I don't share the same name)
    context is important :)
  • "Texas Eggie Great post. How do you transport the small? I want to buy a small.

BobbyB from the forum has been nice enough to let me use his small carrier to transport my small. I don't have the dimensions here at the office but I did snap a few shots of it so I can make my own.

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0794.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

When you get to where you're going, simply turn it over and put the egg on it.

192df6a3.jpg
  • bobbyb wrote:
    Looks like you have that tailgating thing down!

Yea Bob....other then getting up at 5am to get a good spot and not getting home till 10 pm and having to unload everything, it's a piece of cake. HA HA