Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What size butt will fit in a small BGE?

Options
WudEyeDoo
WudEyeDoo Posts: 201
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am planning on taking my small egg to the family Thanksgiving festivities and might try cooking a pork butt the day after. I plan to use an elevated grid. For those of you who have done this, what size will fit in there?

Comments

• Sandlapper
    Options
    WudEyeDoo,[p]Probably as big as you can locate...realizing most are 5-8 lbs in size...bone in..[p]BTW...I did that last Thanksgiving and it was a welcome change from all the normal TGiving menus and leftovers...
  • tn slagamater
    Options
    WudEyeDoo, you need some sort of plate setter or heat block so it cooks indirect. I have done two eight pound butts on the small with this setup and elevated grid. The charcoal may run low at around 15 hours, so be sure to check that also... The small is a great little cooker, have fun !!

• tn slagamater,
    same here, just make you drip pan and rack as shallow as possible to allow more room up top.