Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Steaks Ever

Options
NoleC5
NoleC5 Posts: 176
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Okay...I'll try and make this as short as I can....

I live in the Atlanta area, but about a week ago I was down in Panama City for a bowling tournament. We stayed at a friends condo who knew the area really well....on the way to the center one morning he said "I need to make a detour to pick something up".

Well, to my surprise, he pulled up to a restaurant by the name of "Angelo's Steak Pit". I guess the place is hard to forget considering the 20,000 lb steer that is in front of the restaurant....but immediately I had flashback memories of being there with my parents over 20 years ago (I'm 33 now) while on vacation! Was a really weird feeling (especially since my father isn't around anymore)....but I digress.

In any event, he was a huge fan of the seasoning they use for their steaks which they sell directly to consumers. Me, being the egghead that I am also decided to pick some up.

Now...I've only been egging for about a year and a half now but have tried many different methods for steak (high temp and fast, lower temp and slower, dizzy pig, tasty licks, plain old salt & pepper).....but I can honestly say that the steaks I made with Angelo's Steak Seasoning were the BEST steaks I've ever had, period! I'll try and get some pics next time....was too eager to try them out this go around! ;-)

Comments