Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Egg Rolling Stand

Options
BQBill
BQBill Posts: 10
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My son also has a BGE. The roll around stand looks like, smells like so must be a POS. What gives? How can he reinforce it, almost cratered on him. Thanks. BQB

Comments

• Little Chef
    Options
    BQBill: Tell your son (and yourself) to tighten his nuts and bolts. :angry: We've had our oldest egg on the "Nest" for over 10 years with NOOOO problems! Are you just trolling?? You have posted nothing but negatives...3 posts, all negative....Broken Egg, Wobbly Nest, Thermometer issues...Tiring... ;)
  • milesofsmiles
    Options
    All Eggs are born in a Nest. :)
  • BQBill
    Options
    No AH, I am a newbie and am trying to figure this all out. Give me a break.
  • Hungry Celeste
    Options
    I have my large in a nest, and it is tres stable and easily manouverable. I roll it into & out of my garage & across the patio, at least 50+ feet. Never had any problems. If you pay careful attention to BGE's instructions, it is indicated that the egg-in-nest should only be gently pulled (never pushed) by the handle. Previous poster is correct--be sure that the nest is assembled correctly & all fasteners are tight.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    you do mean the metal nest don't you and not the wooden table which is on wheels - thus also a wheel around.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • PhilOsh
    Options
    I've used my BGE in the rolling nest for almost 2 years, several times a week. I would suggest only pulling it by the hinge when you move it. If it starts to tip as your rolling it (from hitting a big crack in the driveway) you can't catch it by holding the handle. The top will just hinge open on the way down. If you are holding the hinge you can steady the egg much easier. This is advice I was given on this forum when I bought my egg and it came in handy just this weekend when I was being in too much of a hurry to move it out of the garage. It tipped on me and I was reminded of the reason to never move it by the handle.
    Phil
  • BQBill
    Options
    Thank you, this is my son's. Really one of those "not my pig, not my farm" deals, but what's a Dad to do....
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Did you really call Little Chef An AH..A-Hole?.. or am I reading this wrong?