Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I cooked some\'en: Sea food and Stake

Options
JLOCKHART29
JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have been so busy I have not had time to post last couple cooks so will combine both into one. Wanted just sea food Friday and wanted easy and quick clean up as we had to get up at 3:30 Sat to go to Auron's first Schutzhund club day. Was our first time to visit the club and lets just say they could take some pointers from an Eggfest on welcoming folks! Nothing really bad just not as outgoing folks as we are!!lol OK hear's the raws:
9-2-2010005.jpg

First did up some cod in cast iron at about 300 pit with a little butter, some sea salt and oregano till almost flaky. Then added a little chili powder, some cuman and fresh limon juice as well as some fresh thime. Finished cooking till the fish flaked well.
9-2-2010011.jpg

9-2-2010015.jpg

Drained all the dripping out of the skillet and dumped in a ziplock of AZRP shrimps I had made up about 30 min. before. The recipe is in the forum recipe section. Only thing different was I used the cast reather than dirty up a grill screen. Normally I cut and dice my garlic but since I want them creamed for this recipe any way and I had so many I use this little contraption wife got at one of those house party things where every one buys something from the host they really don't need or want so she can get something she really doesn't need or want!! :laugh: This time it was actually some'en usefull.
9-2-2010006.jpg

9-2-2010020.jpg

9-2-2010022.jpg

A little rice, some bread and as Doreen says something green made a nice meal in a hurry.
9-2-2010025.jpg

Next up some sirloin and chops last night. The raws:
9-2-2010042.jpg

Think some one is starting to figure out that meat trimming is a good thing?! :whistle:
9-2-2010041.jpg

9-2-2010051.jpg

9-2-2010056.jpg

Got a 15x15 dog pen with gravel in bottom. Drains water and keeps it more sanatery course my dogs never spend much time in it anyway. Was getting Auron use to it as he will spend some time there and has more room than leaving in a crate. Still throws a fit and barks when I put him in while doing chores though EXCEPT Friday. I noticed he was really quite. Humm.... must be up to no good. Walked to the pen and there was just this handfull of pine straw in the middle of the gravel. Auron would step on it and you coul hear this squeal almost like his squeekie toy. He would step on it, get a squeal and jump back then repeat. All was great fun and started digging. I stopped him and pealed back the straw to find this. Needless to say his pen training is on hold for a week!LOL
9-2-2010049.jpg

Course it would not be a propper post unless I give you the bird. In this post you get it twice! :laugh:
9-2-2010060.jpg

Comments

• JPF
    JPF Posts: 592
    Options
    Food looks awesome JL! Seafood Friday sounds like a winner to me. I was affiliated with the Arkansas kennel club back some time ago and I will just tell you that dog folk are a different breed ;) It's ok for me to say that cause I have been dog folk my whole life B)
    Are your eggs grounded in the picture of Auron and the base of your egg it looks like a grounding cable going to earth. I know that will help with a radio signal but I am wondering about it. Hope your enjoying this nice cool weather I sure am!
  • Mr Holloway
    Options
    Nice pics :) The pup looks great
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    nice ccoks.. Biscuit would have 'snacked' on those bunnie in a flash..
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Your pup is learning about the egg, he's finding it's related to tasty treats tossed down to him. :laugh:
    Magnificent dog, he looks like he's gonna be a big one.

Enjoyed the shots of seafood, I try to get fish in a couple times a week. Somedays I crave fish so I gotta have it. And the pork chops look yummmy, one of my favorite cuts of all time. Ate chops all the time as a kid. Nice pictures! Thanks.
    So the dog club lacks social skills? I think your participation will make it much more positive and outgoing. ;):)
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    Great looking meals !

So, can we expect to see pictures of hasenpfeffer in about 8 weeks?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Your meals looks spectacular!! I've got some cod for today with wings. I think I'll borrow your ci fashion.
    Your gaining back you animals just fine! :)
    Thanks for sharing Dean!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Good looking cooks Dean, every time I see Jake hovering over your plate I remember him crapping on my shoulder. :laugh:-RP
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    Don't thank of it as crapping Randy...thank of it as anointing on your shoulder!! :whistle:
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    John I've been a dog person since I was 5 years old with my first squarel dog. Was member of UKC HR. CLUB for years and years with my Labs. This is a whole new disipline for me and I didn't have a clue as to how to act/talk or look. At least I didn't pull up on the Hog in my doo!! :laugh:
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    Don't know about hossenfefer or how ever ya spell it but some fried rabbit does sound pretty tasty! :evil:
  • Boss Hogg
    Boss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Options
    JL-Shrimp looks great. Grilled rabbit in 3 or 4 months? BTW, I have delivered your frat brother back to that bastion of sin and alcohol last week, aka college :unsure: We hear from him when he needs something.
    Brian
  • eenie meenie
    Options
    Deane, really nice cook. How many did you have over for dinner? That's a mass quantity of food. I see you like garlic, lol. Keep the animal pics coming! :)