Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Labor Day Goodies

BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
edited 12:09PM in EggHead Forum
It is not Labor Day yet, but we had our big meal yesterday.

I started with an 8.8 lb, bone-in butt and a 7 lb chuck roast.

04-09-10LaborDay1.jpg

I put them on at 11:00 PM, Friday, at 225, with my Guru in control. I pulled the beef at 7:30 AM, smeared it with Bullseye BBQ sauce, wrapped it in HD foil and put it back on until 1:00 PM, when I put both in a preheated cooler. I did not get any pictures on the grill, but here is the beef as I started to pull it followed by the pans filled with both beef and pork.

04-09-10LaborDay3.jpg

04-09-10LaborDay4.jpg

Here are some of the sides (grilled pineapple, baked beans and mac-n-cheese).

04-09-10LaborDay5.jpg

Here is a final shot of everything plated. In addition to what was shown above, we had big bowls of slaw and potato salad.

04-09-10LaborDay6.jpg
·

Comments

• thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Looks like you did it right. ;) Perfect.I'll be stating mine tonight for tommorrow's party.
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
    ·
  • pattikakepattikake Posts: 1,175
    Looking good, great job.

Thanks for the pics.

Patti
    Wichita, KS
    ·
  • Wow, that is some nice looking food. Well done :)
    ·
  • GunnarGunnar Posts: 2,010
    Good looking spread. We're partially on the same page. I made Clay Q's pulled beef with 6 lbs of chuck. :laugh:
    ·
  • Everything looks awesome... Could you shoot me a recipe on those baked beans? They look phenomenal!
    ·
  • BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
    Mazzdog wrote:
    Everything looks awesome... Could you shoot me a recipe on those baked beans? They look phenomenal!

I honestly do not have a specific recipe I follow.

This batch started with Van Camps, BBQ beans (large can). I stirred in about 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard, half a cup of Bullseye BBQ sauce, half an onion and laid two slices of bacon on top (each slice cut in half).

I baked them for 1 1/2 hour at 350.

I usually start with regular pork-n-beans, add some green pepper and onion, brown sugar or molasses and bacon.

I just give them a taste before they go in the oven and call it good.
    ·
  • Bob, the but with the bark looks so succulent! You really served up some nice sides! :)
    ·