Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

You People Are KILLING Me !!!!!

Options
Ex-Gasman
Ex-Gasman Posts: 287
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I keep visiting the forum, reading about this and that, looking at all the wonderful pics of the food you cooked on the the best BBQ device in the world. And I cant eat(good stuff) for 3 months. I had to have surgery on the 27th of August and can only eat very soft food for 3 months. Cant wait to smoke a butt or brisket or the best steak ever. Oh well they say Thanksgiving will be here in no time. Only been 9 days since surgery and it seems like a month since I have had anything good to eat. Anyone posting pics, thank you. That is the closest I can get to BBQ. Keep up the good work.

Comments

• ResQue
    ResQue Posts: 1,045
    Options
    You can eat all that good food. Just throw it in a blender! :woohoo:
  • pattikake
    pattikake Posts: 1,175
    Options
    Sorry you can't eat but I will be thinking of you when we have our feast today. Hope you feel better soon.

Patti
    Wichita, KS
  • BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    I am not sure what qualifies as very soft, but you can smoke, hard boiled eggs and have them give a great flavor to deviled eggs. You can also slow roast tomatoes on the grill and then make an outstanding soup.

A smoked ham bone with some beans could go into a blender and be pretty soft.

Mussels or clams cooked on the grill.
  • Ex-Gasman
    Options
    Some of the things I have had in a blender , we better not talk about. :ohmy:
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Sorry to hear this. You are going to get real creative with food in the coming months. Google around and see all the stuff that can be pureed. And start planning ahead the egg meals you will want to prepare in a few months. I hope time flies by for you!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Options
    Sorry you can't eat like you want to. I'll have a second helpingin your honor. :whistle:
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Seriously, how soft is "very soft"? If you cook a butt and pull it, then throw it on a chopping block and take a cleaver to it, you can mince it as fine as you like. Not only could you eat pork butt, but will you have authentic NC style Q. If you can't eat anything coarser than a paté, you might wanna pass. :)

This from the Skylight Inn, Ayden NC...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzN0QL_2bTg

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Little Steven
    Options
    Ex-Gasman,

Hope your surgery went well. You can get your egg fix with soups and chilis, risottos and so on, if they aren't too coarse for you.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Ex-Gasman
    Options
    Well right now its anything pourable. Cant even take a pill, have to use pain killer in syrup form, but maybe in a few weeks I can have SMOKED mashed potatoes. :S