Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beautiful Butts

Options
icemncmth
icemncmth Posts: 1,165
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I love big butts and I cannot lie...

Sorry but Q'n butts is one of my favorites. And these babies are for a little family and friend get together.

labordaybutts2010.jpg

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    Options
    Beautiful indeed. That looks like a Small egg, did you have to reload lump during the cook?

Gary
    canuckland
  • thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Options
    Those do in fact look "beautiful" :cheer:
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • Dr. Eggstein
    Options
    Hey Ice...Man

Looks pretty good! I put a pair on yesterday, too.
    Here's a pic after 18hrs when I pulled it from the Egg.
    It's the first time I injected the butts, too. I'm eager to taste the difference. The butts are now wrapped in foil, vacuumed in foodsaver bag, swaddled in towels, and in a cooler. Gettin' their rest for the party this afternoon.

Eggstein

IMG00039-20100905-0814.jpg
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Funny....nice butts buddy!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • icemncmth
    Options
    Nope..I have a small but it is my large and those buts were 9 lbs each before cooking.
  • icemncmth
    Options
    I have done them both ways but I tend use a dry rub and after cooking and pulling I add some more rub to the mix and give it a good stir.

The injection is a great way to add flavor but can sometimes change the way the meat tastes. The last time I injected I used pineapple juice with some salt and really liked the difference.

I will sometimes work with smaller portions like a 2 lb roast and experiment with them when only I am eating the results.
  • Uncle Phil
    Options