Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Baby back ribs

DawgtiredDawgtired Posts: 216
edited 3:09PM in EggHead Forum
Question:
I know what to look for when I'm picking out a steak, but what do you look for when you are picking out a slab of baby backs, other than no shiners?

Comments

• Really not much to look for since pork is not graded for quality. Never met a rack I didn't like...er rib rack.
  • Go to reputable butcher/meat counter, and you are all set.
  • thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    I usally get mine in 3 packs so you can't see them all anyways. All seem to work out fine on an egg. :whistle:
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • Makes sense. I was just wondering if you look for fat, no fat, etc.
  • Hormel or Smithfield. I really can't tell the difference. What it looks like before you trim and pull the membrane is much less important than what it looks like afterwards.