Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kinda OT. Tattoos?

Cobra
Cobra Posts: 110
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have noticed for a while that newbies to the board, or people feeling out the BGE to decide if they want to pull the trigger and buy one, have mentioned that it has a cult following. Being an egghead, I don't necessarily disagree. The only thing that I can think to roughly compare the BGE following to is Harley Davidson.

For example, last week sometime there was a posting by someone asking for things that we had screwed up on the egg, they had been watching the forum and saw all the good but wanted to know where the downside was, or had been. I didn't check back on the posting days later, but there were probably 15-20 responses when I looked at it. I didn't notice anyone sharing bad experiences about the egg, that being said I didn't either, because I couldn't really think of any. Anyway, where I was comparing the Egg to the Harley is in the following, ask a Harley owner to tell you something bad about his bike and you'll probably get the same response, nothing.

As I was walking through Home Depot today I noticed a guy with a Harley tattoo on his arm. Does anyone have a Big Green Egg tattoo? Are we cult enough, hard-core enough for anyone to have loved the Egg enough to get a tattoo of it?

Comments

• Lol. :laugh: That would be like kids getting their PS3 or Xbox 360 tattooed on their butts.

I love my grill but there is no way I'm getting a big green egg on my butt.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    I wouldn't get a tat of ANYTHING - no matter how much I liked/loved it!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    I kicked it around when my son said, "mom, for ma's day I want to get you a tattoo." I didn't but I would. :);)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • No. No Big Green Egg tattoo, but only because I never thought of it til you said something. Might have to visit the parlor tomorrow.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    I remember the first time we met and I told you that with your handle I wasn't sure what to expect, a skinny cyclist or a tatooed biker babe. I'm still not sure which one you are. :laugh: -RP
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Way to go DynaGreaseball,
    I also thought of it but am on a fixed income (yep, 65 and proud of it) so it was not in the cards. YET, May still do it along with a nice lady next to it. :woohoo:

Go for it,
    Bordello
  • Mine says "Welcome to Jamaica, Have a Nice Day"
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    No Tatoo, but I did had a BGE dorag made my a local T-Shirt shop. Should have maybe gone with the gold thread like the BGE aprons. :unsure:

BGEDo-Rag.jpg
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • cookn biker
    B) :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • uglydog
    uglydog Posts: 256
    How bout some ink of a Big Green Egg riding a Harley? Prolly would have to be an Ultra Classic.

Uglydog
  • cookn biker
    Perfect....hahaha
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Not a BGE, but this guy has a WSM tat on his lower leg. It's the only bbq tat I remember seeing

WSM.jpg
  • RVH
    RVH Posts: 523
    DynaGreaseball wrote:
    Or...an FXBGE?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • this is the closest to a real BGE tat I've seen, but have only been an Egghead for 1 year, 9 months (in a few days B) )

P8290605.jpg

And speaking of tats, Ku got this OM at our fav place in Pahoa

August2010275.jpg

:whistle: told him OM was Old Milwakee, and since his tat is lilac on the inside, he was sporting Old Milwakee Light :woohoo:
    now WHO on the forum would EVER drink that stuff

:evil:
  • No tats, but my Xbox live account name is greenegggman (I know its spelled wrong, because there is another weirdo like me out there that took greeneggman first). Ok, thats not really a tattoo ...

That WSM tat is pretty cool.
  • Cobra
    Im glad so many took the time to read this. Its been very entertaining to read the responses.
  • Cobra
    Mine says "Welcome to Jamaica, Have a Nice Day

Stlke, Im thinking theres a joke in there somewhere that I have heard once before. :laugh:
  • I have an Egg, I have a Harley, and I have tattoos.

But I don't have any tattoos of the Egg or the Harley

:P
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • Hillbilly-Hightech, I'm like you. I have an egg and a Harley 2004 FLHR and I have unrelated tattoos. Never say never. :woohoo: Tim
  • 2FatEgghead - true, never say never.

So, you have a Road King, eh. A buddy of mine has one - nice bike!!

Mine is a 2000 FXR-4.
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • Hillbilly-Hightech, Thanks we have a fairing and tour pack whenever we want it has quick disconnect. Back in the late 80's early 90's I had a 1983 fxr. It was last year Shovel head first year rubber 5 speed. I rode that bike and a backwards shifting and braking 197something Sportster. Sometimes I would forget what bike I was riding and brake to down shift or down shift to brake. :blush: Dem was the days. :woohoo:
  • Cobra
    I guess I still don't quite fit in, I ride a Victory Jackpot, the other American motorcycle.
  • Cobra, I have rode with a Victory before. ;) Tim