Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Lowbrow Tonight

bitslammerbitslammer Posts: 818
edited 8:13AM in EggHead Forum
Last Night was moderately "highbrow" with the Vacuum Marinated Chops and Hoegaarden. Tonight was the other direction.

Garlic Franks on the Mini. Threw one pepper on the coals and grilled the other 2. It really flavored the franks and gave them some heat.
4957855059_2b61a7c652.jpg
DSC_4064 by bitslammer, on Flickr

If you grew up around Cincinnati you probably drank this whether you remember or not.
4957855543_c3f11b160d.jpg
DSC_4065 by bitslammer, on Flickr

Finished with some kraut and chili mustard.
4957856593_44e46e25ca.jpg
DSC_4066 by bitslammer, on Flickr

Comments

• Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,661
    Is that Hudy, as in Hudepohl? I've never had one, but when I was about 10 years old (a LONG time ago), my uncle took me to a Reds game. I can still remember the beer guys yelling, "Hudepohl!! Get your ice cold Hudepohl now!"

Everybody knows there’s three acceptable condiments for a hot dog; there’s mustard, onions and stagnant cart water! That’s IT!   ... Jon Stewart

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Carolina Q wrote:
    Is that Hudy, as in Hudepohl? I've never had one, but when I was about 10 years old (a LONG time ago), my uncle took me to a Reds game. I can still remember the beer guys yelling, "Hudepohl!! Get your ice cold Hudepohl now!"

It sure is. We're very lucky to be getting the Moerlein House right down by the river/ballpark area. Our inept local govt. blew the deal for the Hoffbrauhuas that wen't over to N. Ky but now we get our own great beer hall that will feature many of the great Cincinnati brews past and current. Before prohibition we had literally hundreds of breweries and some of the great recipes will be resurrected.

http://www.mycincinnatiriverfrontpark.com/moerlein-lager-house.htm
  • fire eggerfire egger Posts: 1,124
    Looking good!!
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Cold beer and sausages.NOTHING Lowbrow bout that!!! B)
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Now that looks good!
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    That's Cincy gourmet my friend! :woohoo:
    You've got mail :)

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • Chris, that's a yummy frank with sauerkraut! OMG, a Hudy....what a blast from the past, lol. :)

Aren't you just lovin' this weather?