Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Labor Day loney

icemncmth
icemncmth Posts: 1,165
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We are having friends and family over on Sunday so today I have to get things started. First is this bologna and next will be pork butts!!!

You just have to love the look and taste of quality bologna!!! :P

Bologna20100904.jpg

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Welcome to the LONEY Kingdom. Be sure to send this post to HOSS for a pin. LONEY and eggs are great breakfast food.
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    They are going to love your Loney, it looks incredible. Do as Richard says, the Loney badge will make you the coolest kid on your block!

005-37.jpg
  • icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Will do thanks!
  • I recall one thanksgiving dinner many years ago where my ex-Mother-in-law (a relocated prairiedog, I mean flower) would commonly have 25 to 35 people just "show up" for dinner. Lots of boozers, losers and plunkers and she kind of got fed up feeding these leeches who wouldn't do much at all to cleanup or help in any way. So she had cooked up one of the 30# turkeys that roamed her yard and had attacked her once too often... knowing that the Turkey wasn't going to be enough, she also cooked up a "ham". I saw it and immediately cocked my head in suspicion (a round long tube of a ham?) scored and pineappled, roasted and basted, it looked quite appetizing.

I confronted her later as the plunkers had all but eaten this meal and evaporated to other rooms to find any open beers without cig butts in them and such. She bust out laughing understanding that I was the only person to pick up on the fact she had sub'd a massive Balogna for a ham. I was also one of only 2-3 who helped clean up the carnage.

One of my brother's-in-law commented as he strolled out of the dining area with the turkey neck in his back pocket, "Great dinner Mom, I prefer the hams without the bone down the center"............
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    :woohoo: :woohoo: :silly: LOVELY 'LONEY!!! B)
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    :laugh: Dat's FUNNEEE!
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Love it, so will the guests!!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Got mine the other day...I'm one proud puppy. :woohoo:
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    That looks perfect. :)
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • All right two chubs. What's everyone else gunna eat? :ermm: Tim