Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good results from Omaha Steaks

Smokey
Smokey Posts: 2,468
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Received my steaks from Omaha Steaks. I was drawn in by an introductory deal. Bottom line ... the steaks (filets) were a bit thin (only about 3/4 of an inch), but had good flavor. I gave them a mustard bath, some rub on top and then a ltttle 700 degree action. [p]Just thought I'd give a report!

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Smokey,[p]Watch out for the free hamburgers - they could be classified as a class C explosive. You'll get a good grease fire going with those rascals.[p]Tim
  • Smokey
    Tim M,[p]Got the free burgers. Have not cook them yet. Will be careful. The regular price Omaha Steak charge IS PRICY. Don't think I'll order again!

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    I'd snoop around your town for a butcher. A real one who carries good quality stuff and can get to know you. I've tried the Omaha route and have found them terribly average. My grocery store meat guy had better quality. I'm lucky to have a purveyor of prime beef just down a few blocks. Out of this world. But no matter where you live, I'll bet you can come up with some better alternatives.
  • Smokey
    MollyShark,[p]Sounds like the right way to go. I'll be looking the weekend!