Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question about Mothership

Options
WeberWho
WeberWho Posts: 11,025
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Need to buy a stainless steel draft door. Any price difference in buying replacement parts from the mothership then a dealer? Thanks
"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota

Comments

• Jupiter Jim
    Options
    I don't know a lot but I do know the answer to your question, No it will not be less than a local dealer.
    I'm not trying to be a smart a#$ but if the mother ship was less then why would a dealer want to be a dealer? The price is the same so if you have a good local dealer that you are happy with I think you should support the local dealer.
    I asked about a deal on a new Egg the first time I stopped there and they told me if they were less than a dealer the dealers would not be happy. Makes a lot of sense to me.
    I love to stop by the Mother ship and visit with the fine folks there. I have been there two times and each time it cost me a night in a hotel.
    Hope I was helpful.
    Jupiter Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• safetyman
    Options
    It depends on what you are buying. I have gotten some parts free from the 'Mothership'. I just ordered a tent, it was $249.99 at the dealer and the 'Mothership', the difference was the 'Mothership' wanted 50 to 80 dollars shipping and the dealer had it put on his next truck, free. Buy from the dealer, keep him happy and he will keep you happy.