Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Buffalo pork chops?

Options
cookingdude555
cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thats the question I had last night. I searched the forum for someone that has done it, but didn't find anything. I was too hungry, and I was going forward. I put my raised grid on the mini, and heated it up to who cares what temp, and let the chop get a nice sear on each side for about 2-3 minutes. When the internal registered I am too hungry and dont care about trichinosis, I brought it inside and dumped my buffalo sauce all over it (franks, butter, sriracha, more cayenne pepper, and white pepper). It was unbelievable. I dont even really like pork that much, but pork and I had a reconciliation last night, and it was good. I didnt take any pics, but when I had a rematch again tonight after working late, I snapped some horrible blackberry photos for you all:

before:
IMG00114-20100903-2129.jpg

after:
IMG00115-20100903-2145.jpg

Time to stock up on more chops, I am in love.

Comments

• MusicMan78
    Options
    Looks good, sometimes the best tasting food happens when you try the least! If I could remember half of the drunken recipes I have made....wait, maybe they just tasted good at the time, lol
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,027
    Options
    Now that's a post! Foods not all dressed up for the picture. I like it. A real persons dinner. I swear some people grill just so they can take a picture of it. Good call for what you had!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    agreed, i take pics of almost everything i grill, but they are usually iPhone or Blackberry pics that are weak. my brother, and my brother in law like to trade pics back and forth of our cooks on our eggs or bubba kegs. i think my blackberry has 453 pictures of wings on it, oh, and a few of my kids.
  • BigBadger
    Options
    I read this post because I like the taste of Buffalo meat and did not register the "Pork" part of the title. :laugh: But that really looked good and I've yet to cook Pork Chops. I think I'll do chops this w/e because of your post.
  • thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Options
    I thought the reason we cooked was for the pictures. :P
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney