Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Catagory One Pizza

Options
Cpt'n Cook
Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This pizza was made during the heart of a raging hurricane Earle right here in central MA. No lie.
DSC_0081.jpg

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    So... it's okay to cook on the egg in the rain? How is it in a blizzard? :lol:

Nuthin' here - no wind and just a light drizzle. Hope it's minor in Mass.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Options
    I don't think it even filled up my rain barrels :laugh:
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Well, the pizza looks tasty, rain or no rain.

I just got some 00 flour and am going to see what I can do with it this weekend. Not the usual recommended stuff, but all I could find in what's left of Hartford's Little Italy.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Large Marge
    Options
    like the charred cheese & roni- looks tasty
  • Judy Mayberry
    Options
    Michael, I picked up some off-brand 00 Italian flour too, not Caputo.

I'm not going to open it just yet. So please let us know how you like working with it.

You're going to use 80%-20% bread flour, right?

Judy
    Judy in San Diego
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    hahaha! I'm supposed to do that? I have no idea! :lol:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Options
    I bet you could even do it during a catagory 2. Looks very good.
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • h20egg
    h20egg Posts: 168
    Options
    Curious as to how you're getting the nice char on the top. I get to 550, wait a good 45 minutes to heat stone, and after about 9-10 minutes the crust is starting to brown, getting nice color on bottom. The TOP is done, but I think if I wanted to get your nice char here and there it would burn the bottom and exposed crust.