Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

HATCH This Weekend!!

SlotmercenarySlotmercenary Posts: 1,071
edited 7:02AM in EggHead Forum
It is that fabulous time of the year again and the Chilifest is gonna be HUGE this year.Come on down. check out the link here and watch the video clips. ENJOY!

http://www.hatchchilefest.com/

DSC_5592.jpg

DSC_5618.jpg

DSC_5612.jpg

DSC_5631.jpg

Comments

• It's been on my wish list for many years.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven wrote:
    It's been on my wish list for many years.

Steve

Ditto...I think I'm going to have to pull the trigger in the next year or so.

We should really try and put together an Egghead invasion of the Hatch festival one year. It would be like a 2-for-1; doing the fest and meeting up with some Eggheads at an event that really goes hand in hand with Egging.
  • GunnarGunnar Posts: 2,010
    I'm thinking the 5 lbs. of roasted hatch I bought last weekend wasn't nearly enough.
  • Not a bad idea at all Chris

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
    That looks good :)
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Have fun at the Hatch festival! :) Sure wish I could be there, but at least I tracked down some Hatch green chilis at Whole Foods. I know what I'm eggin this weekend. :evil:
  • Has anyone tried to make ABTs using Hatch peppers. We just bought a bunch but they are quite large!!
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    We have on here in Pueblo CO. It is a really great time. Oh, and the smells are out of this world!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • fire eggerfire egger Posts: 1,124
    Count me in!
    we go every year, not going to make it this year, we are bummed.
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Holy moly - that's a LOT of peppers. Thanks for posting the pics.