Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Small pizza stone

Options
cookingdude555
cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So I was ordering another medium pizza stone last week, and when it arrived, I noticed this on the outside:

IMG00110-20100902-1127.jpg

I know that BGE doesnt make a small stone, but this is the first I have seen them call it a stone for the small. Even the egg pictured is a small egg. Interesting.

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Yes that stone is used for the medium & small BGE. It is what I use on my small all the time.
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    Agreed, I use my medium stone in the small too. In fact, when I bought the stone, I didnt even have a medium. I just thought that it was interesting that the label had the small included on there. Maybe it did six months ago when I bought it for the small, I dont even know.

EDIT:
    I found my old medium stone box from march, and it didnt have the change on it:

IMG00111-20100902-1151.jpg

I guess the bge folks must read the forum and realize the medium stone works great on the small.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I use it on my small BUT use it more on my large on the spyder...... It on the spyder is easier to get to than setting the platesetter....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    I found the Medium stone to be to restrictive of airflow to maintain high temps for pizza. Of course I only tried once with a friends Med stone so I might not know the trick.