Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shish Kabob

Options
BeavisinBuckhead
BeavisinBuckhead Posts: 4
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have about a pound of good beef my wife had left over from her crock pot beef stew. I was thinking of doing some shish kabobs, and was wondering if any of my Egging friends had any ideas for recipes or procedures? Thanks![p]D.B.

Comments

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    kabobs.jpg
    <p />BeavisinBuckhead,
    I love kabobs. These were marinated in a concoction of Balsamic Vinegar and other stuff (I forget what all right now)for at least a couple of hours. A good safe bet is a Balsamic Vinegarette dressing, or Italian, or whatever suits your fancy. I do it elevated, and fairly slow and lower temps untill I like what I see. sorry I'm not more precise on the time and temp. for stuff like this I kinda fly by the seat of my pants

• BeavisinBuckhead
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,
    Nice pic! I was concerned about the leaness of the meat and scorching the vegs with too hot a temp. I will follow your advise and do them by the seat of my pants, BUT slowly!Thanks for your wise advise!
    D.B.

• Smokin' Todd
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,[p]what? No Lawn Ranger-created personal kabob tools?
    Looks like you have another idea there!
    Great looking photos!
    ST

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,
    Hey Man! How you been? One of these days we're actually gonna speak to each other....not just the answering machine.[p]Take care.[p]Mike