Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reheating type question/advice on what to cook

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Morning all,[p]I have a question for ya. There is an old timer around these parts that has asked me to cook him some grub for Thanksgiving. He will be taking said grub with him to some one horse town here in Nebraska for himself and about 7 others. He has stated that he doesn't want turkey and would like to try something other than the standard Thanksgiving day fair. My initial thoughts were to cook up a pork loin that had been suffed with sausage and the whole thing wrapped in bacon.[p]Should I go with this idea or do ya'll have any other suggestions?[p]Also, what kind of instructions should I give him in regards to reheating the dish?[p]Thanks in advance,
Matt.

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Dewd...I just looked on the forum, and see you have basically been skunked as far as responses. Totally dis'd on your reheat question.[p]Just me, but I am thinkin either something you can keep real hot....like a big ol' rib roast. Nice thing about a rib roast is even if it does cool off a bit, beef is good at any temp. Another idea is a brisket or butt. If BBQ would be approprriate, then you can serve that piping hot from a cooler. Smoked salmon is always good too....depending on your crowd, and that is good hot or cold. How long until he serves it from when he leaves?[p]Just a couplea idears. What are your specialties, Matt? What are 3 dishes you cook that regularly knock socks off?[p]Beers
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ