Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bare Naked Ladies making ribs (Group...not literal

Options
NC-CDN
NC-CDN Posts: 703
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Saw this today while looking on the net.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NxyNpx1AtM&feature=player_embedded

Not sure how to embed this right.

It's a Canadian group that sings some funny songs. Mmmm ribs. I think I'm going to make some ribs this weekend. Even the stars like cooking on the BGE.

Sorry if it's been posted. I searched, but saw nothing.

Comments

• Little Steven
    Options
    Andrew,

Paige has been egging for a while now. Looks like he still needs to learn about ribs. Don't know if you know this but he left the band. What do you mean funny songs? :angry:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• kmellecker
    Options
    Not bad looking ribs...but one ugly Bare Naked Lady!!!
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Options
    Little Steven wrote:
    What do you mean funny songs? :angry:

Funny (adj)
    1. humorous, as in "Everyone laughed at Ben's funny jokes"
    2. suspicious, as in "This ground beef is green; does it smell funny to you?"
    3. Canadian

Take your pick.

BNL were great. Rock Spectacle is still in my semi-regular CD rotation. Now we know the secret to their success.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Ben,

1,2 and 3 :laugh:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• NC-CDN
    Options
    LOL. That was a funny post. Number 3 all the way. I liked some of their music, but wasn't a hardcore fan. They were really big in the US years ago.

Not how I do my ribs either. :lol:
    Oh and yeah, not the prettiest looking lady. I clarified in the title, as not to mislead.
  • NC-CDN
    Options
    I agree Tweev. The Hip are fantastic. I've seen them in Myrtle Beach, SC once and it was fantastic. Still, it was only a small venue. Great band that most Americans won't ever hear of. In the Northern States they are pretty big though. I've actually heard them on here in Raleigh on occasion. Been a long time though. I think it was more for the hockey players requesting them.

Oh and they played Cat's Cradle in Carborro once (next to Chapel Hill). Half of the Carolina Hurricanes went. I missed it. :( Didn't know about it. Oh well.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Andrew,

Two guys named Gordie in the same band. You know they are Canucks. :laugh: The most successful Canadian band ever was...The Band.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• reccitron
    Options
    Tweev_tip wrote:
    Really sad that the BNL made it in the states and the Hip never did.

I've never heard of the Hip before. I tried to google them and found The Tragically Hip. Is that the same band?
  • NC-CDN
    Options
    reccitron wrote:
    Tweev_tip wrote:
    Really sad that the BNL made it in the states and the Hip never did.

I've never heard of the Hip before. I tried to google them and found The Tragically Hip. Is that the same band?

Yes. That is the bands name. Most folks just call them "The Hip". They are fantastic. Just go to Itunes and browse through a few top rated songs. I love the majority of their music, but as with most cds there will be a few killer songs and some others that aren't as good.

It's hard if you've never heard them before I know, but if you browse the net (youtube) and look for some live stuff you'll see the magic that is Gordie. The guy goes off on stage and is in his own world. Enjoy. You may have just found your favorite band.

BTW-New Orleans is Sinking was made well before the disaster there.
  • BuffaloBrewer
    Options
    saw bnl years ago on Canada Day in Fort Erie. They were cooking up hotdogs on stage then putting them in zip lock bags with buns/condiments and tossing them out to the crowd. This was back when Gordon came out.

Great show.
  • BuffaloBrewer
    Options
    killerwhaletank.....

I've seen them live about 10 times. Each time has been great!
  • Fornia
    Fornia Posts: 451
    Options
    Saw BNL a few years back here in Reading, PA. They put on a great show. Not into them much, but do appreciate the music...as with The Hip. But totally agreed on Canada's greatest band....The Band. The Last Waltz is a must watch for all (in my opion).

Goofy BNL story:
    Was as the Super Bowl this past year, working in Ft. Lauderdale for the Colts at their hotel. Ended up the Saturday night by walking next door onto the beach for the NFL's 'free to the public' beach party. Walking along the beach, we weren't sure if we were headed to a gate, or just a dead end. I stopped to ask 2 guys if they knew the way, and one of them ended up being their drummer Tyler Stewart. Very nice guy. He did get us on the straight and narrow, and was as down to earth.
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Options
    That's pretty funny...I wonder how often fans ask them for directions, just so they can yell "oh for chrissake!" He was probably pretty happy to actually KNOW the directions, just so he didn't have to hear the inevitable...
  • BigBadger
    Options
    Actually ANVIL is on my list to see!
  • reccitron
    Options
    Little Steven wrote:
    Andrew,

Two guys named Gordie in the same band. You know they are Canucks. :laugh: The most successful Canadian band ever was...The Band.

Steve

More successful than Rush?
  • NC-CDN
    Options
    What about Neil Young or Alanis Morrisette? She had a number 1 selling album back then. Broke some crazy records too.

Buffalo. that's funny. Hotdogs off the stage. Good stuff. I always cross the boarder at Buffalo-Fort Erie. I have a bunch of friends from Lackawanna, totawanna, cheektawanna and every other wanna up there. Golfing with one of them on monday. He always goes up for the "Riggata". Some drinking/canoeing event.